Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 01:18 PM

Yet another Government Minister liar!!!

On July 20th Sajid Javid told Parliament that no councils had applied for government financial assistance following the tragic fire in Grenfell Tower. That was a LIE!!! - Not one but FOUR councils, had applied for Government help.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...?utm_hp_ref=uk
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 02:05 PM

Re: Yet another Government Minister liar!!!

Hi

What he actually said was "as far as I am aware"

That is fair comment.

It is absolutely impossible for any Minister to know everything, no matter what party they belong to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Love the excuse but he should have known or IMO not have commented. I don't think it would have taken much of a guess to see more money would be asked for either.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Love the excuse but he should have known or IMO not have commented. I don't think it would have taken much of a guess to see more money would be asked for either.
Hi

That is not an excuse, it is a fact of life.

There are several thousand civil servants in that department and a number of regional offices.

Ministers get briefings, which are seriously shortened.

That is how the system works, whichever Government is in charge.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 03:23 PM

So he's not bright enough to realise like most of us did as had numbers grew that councils would be asking for help ? That's a worry right there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What he actually said was "as far as I am aware"

That is fair comment.

It is absolutely impossible for any Minister to know everything, no matter what party they belong to.

Then he is both ignorant and incompetent!!! He should have found it before making the statement and as head of the Department he should have trained his staff to better inform and/or brief him.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Why should a councils apply for asistance because of a Fire in another council????
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:55 PM

UJ, I know it is not pertinent to the topic itself but I can't help feeling that If it wasn't so sad, it would make me smile with the irony of it all. Wasn't it after all. Blair who started the scheme to clad tower blocks to bring them up to date by 2010. Pity he wasn't as diligent in laying down Fire Safety Standards as well. And wasn't it the Labour-Liberal run council in Southwark who were responsible for cladding Lakanal House in Camberwell and the resulting fire which killed 6 of its residents. I believe they were fined £570,000.
Five blocks by Labour-controlled Camden have also found to contain the same rogue cladding as Glenfell.you are happy to jump on the fact that Javid said no council had applied for money as far as he is aware. Wow, such a crime with all that has happened.

If we are talking about LIARS, Corbyn and his goons are all walking around with noses that would put Pinnochio to shame.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Why should a councils apply for asistance because of a Fire in another council????
That's what I wondered!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
On July 20th Sajid Javid told Parliament that no councils had applied for government financial assistance following the tragic fire in Grenfell Tower. That was a LIE!!! - Not one but FOUR councils, had applied for Government help.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...?utm_hp_ref=uk
So when you make statements on this forum which later prove to be erroneous, are we to assume you are a liar too?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top