Join for free
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:45 AM

Re: Enough of the doom and gloom.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Perhaps the remainers had a little help from Soros and some high profile aging pop stars.

Free busses to the various marches, etc, etc, etc.

PERHAPS oh yeh that's good legal and definitive terminology isn't it?

Perhaps = used to show that something is possible or that you are not certain about something:
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well it certainly wasn't an even campaign BBC and most media enterprises were pro EU as were most rich pop starts and celebrities. Anyone actually admitting they were pro leave instantly marked out as racist etc.
Yes, I found that disgusting.

I cannot believe that the BBC is still state-funded - by us, of course - despite its patently clear political bias.

That's what countries like Russia, North Korea and Saudi Arabia do!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I found that disgusting.

I cannot believe that the BBC is still state-funded - by us, of course - despite its patently clear political bias.

That's what countries like Russia, North Korea and Saudi Arabia do!
No, in russia etc.any other paper, television besides the one allowed by the state, would be forbidden. BBC is not the only one in the UK.
The other networks are payed for by the public too, isn't it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 03:19 PM

The BBC is not left wing by any stretch of the imagination.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I agree but they are pro remain and still try to work towards us staying in despite us voting to leave. If you aren't pro eu you really don't get the job with the bbc.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It must just be the news people who work for them then. Except for Andrew Neil who is an oasis in a sea of anti-Brexit left-wing bile.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It must just be the news people who work for them then. Except for Andrew Neil who is an oasis in a sea of anti-Brexit left-wing bile.
You must watch a different BBC to me then.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 05:09 PM

I agree but they are pro remain and still try to work towards us staying in despite us voting to leave. If you aren't pro eu you really don't get the job with the bbc.
One only has to watch the Headline News each night at 1040pm on BBC News. Always two invited guests (usually journalists or news editors) to talk about the next day's newspaper headlines. Almost ALWAYS pro-remain guests in the chairs that are given airtime paid by all of us to sneer at any mere mention of Brexit good news.

The BBC may as well be rebranded as the EU's mouthpiece, with the exception of Andrew Neil who refuses to listen to project fear spiel.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The remainiacs will, of course, argue otherwise but in my experience the BBC news and politics departments are very strongly left wing and pro-EU.

Sadly, this attitude also appears in other aspects of their programming, along with all the latest trendy political correctness. Mind you, the majority of actors seem to be that way inclined too.

I suppose we should be grateful for the presence of ONE member of the BBC (Andrew Neil) who does not follow their political line.

As our national broadcasting organisation, the BBC should be apolitical and ambivalent regarding Brexit.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Yes entirely agree every time they whinge about leave I think how us leavers ended up paying for the remain campaign !
Urm, seems like paranoia to me.

Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top