Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 09:58 PM

Re: Independent studies

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Greater numbers mean more strength, eh?

There is, that's why you go on about the number of 17,4 million.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:09 PM

The EU is only what we made it, I don't believe there is a greater force.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Well we certainly paid for a lot of it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Robin Hood innit?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

22-12-2018, 11:07 PM

I'm not sure what you are driving at JBR

We have paid in lots of money ...to improve trading standards, most of which we get back.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:22 PM

We have paid in lots of money ...to improve trading standards, most of which we get back.
The EU's trading standards are based on their wholesale adoption of the standards created by the BSI............They were considered the best in Europe at that time..

Proof the UK is more than capable of creating it's own standards and standards that are pre eminent.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:27 PM

To improve trading standards?

You mean diktats such as maximum power for vacuum cleaner motors...
so that we have to vacuum for twice as long!

Or maximum capacity for toilet cisterns...
so we have to flush twice or three times instead of once (well, I do anyway)!

What these EU 'experts' failed to realise was that we - the UK - had the world's safest trading standards before we ever made the mistake of joining their little club.

What I was driving at is that our payments, or at least much of them, were to fund the generous salaries, expenses and pensions of the EU rulers, to say nothing of their expensive and inefficient practices, like moving lock, stock and barrel from Brussels to Strasbourg (and back again) every year just to keep the Frogs happy.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The EU's trading standards are based on their wholesale adoption of the standards created by the BSI............They were considered the best in Europe at that time..

Proof the UK is more than capable of creating it's own standards and standards that are pre eminent.
They stil are the best in many fields. I know their environmental management system BS7750, the best at that moment. Now part of the ISO 1400x family.
They are intrgral part of cybercrime cooperative defence. One of the fields the UK will be participating in in the EU after brexit.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:47 AM

To improve trading standards?

You mean diktats such as maximum power for vacuum cleaner motors...
so that we have to vacuum for twice as long!

Or maximum capacity for toilet cisterns...
so we have to flush twice or three times instead of once (well, I do anyway)!

What these EU 'experts' failed to realise was that we - the UK - had the world's safest trading standards before we ever made the mistake of joining their little club.

What I was driving at is that our payments, or at least much of them, were to fund the generous salaries, expenses and pensions of the EU rulers, to say nothing of their expensive and inefficient practices, like moving lock, stock and barrel from Brussels to Strasbourg (and back again) every year just to keep the Frogs happy.

Don't forget the millions and millions being spent on repairing the EU Parliament buildings.

EU regs eh .... another quality installation
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
They stil are the best in many fields. I know their environmental management system BS7750, the best at that moment. Now part of the ISO 1400x family.
They are intrgral part of cybercrime cooperative defence. One of the fields the UK will be participating in in the EU after brexit.
There is no reason , other than dogmatic obstinance, that the EU and the UK can't arrange co-operative partnerships in all aspects of love, life and commerce.

It just needs a more honest and pragmatic approach.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top