Join for free
Page 32 of 48 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:11 PM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps we should recount the Brexit votes then?
Or, better still, have another referendum. I'm sure the number of leavers would have increased.

Perhaps next time, we should have three options:
1. Remain
2. Leave with the EU's deal
3. Leave with no deal

Of course, that would split the leave vote, wouldn't it?
Don't mention this to the remoaners!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps we should recount the Brexit votes then?
I believe it was re counted several times as Cameron tried to get out of the grave he had just dug himself and was furiously scurrying around looking for anything that would save him from the abyss.......But too late..... He had shot his bolt and also his career as a politician....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I believe it was re counted several times as Cameron tried to get out of the grave he had just dug himself and was furiously scurrying around looking for anything that would save him from the abyss.......But too late..... He had shot his bolt and also his career as a politician....
Yes, he certainly miscalculated there, didn't he?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:01 PM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...mocracy-never/

Says it all.

If they want to remain viable, the Republicans need to recover their core principles: small government, low spending, free trade, constraints on executive power and strict adherence to the Constitution. The clue is in the party’s name: they exist to defend the republic. The sooner they remember that, the better.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-01-2021, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...mocracy-never/

Says it all.
"If they want to remain viable, the Republicans need to recover their core principles: small government, low spending, free trade, constraints on executive power and strict adherence to the Constitution. The clue is in the party’s name: they exist to defend the republic. The sooner they remember that, the better."

I suppose you could turn that around and suggest that the Democrats defend democracy. The clue is in the party's name!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
"If they want to remain viable, the Republicans need to recover their core principles: small government, low spending, free trade, constraints on executive power and strict adherence to the Constitution. The clue is in the party’s name: they exist to defend the republic. The sooner they remember that, the better."

I suppose you could turn that around and suggest that the Democrats defend democracy. The clue is in the party's name!

Trump wasn't always a conservative Republican. Trump was registered as a Democrat for more than eight years in the 2000s. Trump was a registered Democrat from August 2001 through September 2009.

Some conservatives suspecting Trump of acting on behalf of the Democrats, and in particular, the Clintons, to sabotage the GOP.

If there is any truth in that which direction do American voters go.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/03...oying-america/

Based on historic frameworks for affirmative action and recent demands for a new modern era of enhanced segregation, a reasonable person might be able to accurately predict what that constitution might look like.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There was an opinion piece about the USA written by Stan Grant which examines whether America has a future. The article entitled "The sick politics at the heart of this week's US crisis go deeper than Donald Trump"

Toward the end he refers to Break it Up, a book by writer Richard Kreitner.

Grant's article ends:

Quite an interesting, thought provoking opinion piece I thought.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...rived/13042856
A truly insightful article. Thank you!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

12-01-2021, 05:25 PM

(Reuters) - The FBI has warned of armed protests being planned for Washington and all 50 U.S. state capitals in the run-up to President-elect Joe Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration, a federal law enforcement source said on Monday.

More protests serve no purpose, going armed shows a clear criminal intention.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-01-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
(Reuters) - The FBI has warned of armed protests being planned for Washington and all 50 U.S. state capitals in the run-up to President-elect Joe Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration, a federal law enforcement source said on Monday.

More protests serve no purpose, going armed shows a clear criminal intention.
I thought almost all Americans were armed...
ever since the Wild West!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 05:56 PM

I say once more, why or why would anyone sane even want such a job surrounded by that much hatred and loonies?

I will not be surprised Biden is assasinated.
He would be the 5th President for this to happen to then, I believe.

Who wants a stinking job like that ey?

Page 32 of 48 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top