Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 06:41 PM

Re: Boredom

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How about an adult colouring book, Ben? There are some amazing colouring books around for adults ..... take this one for instance.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1098578805#customerReviews

..... all you would need are some coloured pencils or felt tips and you could get quite engrossed in your artwork.
Oh sorry Mags i didn see your post and just repeated this suggestion .There are some great ones out there i might get one myself if I ever finish fluffy dogs!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Mart.
Like you I flick through from one Youtube channel to another. I am a steam train and vintage air plane buff and have found some very interesting topics. So, why do I get bored?? I don,t know but I just do.
I suppose we all get bored at times. I'm no exception. I get bored at times. And sometimes simple problems that I can't resolve. Frustingly so.

I don't suppose that helps you. Maybe just that we can sometimes be in the some boat. And maybe that alone can alleviate some of the stress.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh sorry Mags i didn see your post and just repeated this suggestion .There are some great ones out there i might get one myself if I ever finish fluffy dogs!
That's ok Muddy, it must be a good idea if you suggested it too.

I've had a couple of those books over the past years as presents and I never tire of them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 07:48 PM

Ben another book which may interest you is an adult activity book .... perfectly suitable for you so no worries

"The Fun and Relaxing Adult Activity Book": With Easy Puzzles, Colouring Pages, Writing Activities, Brain Games and more. You would just pick it up when you felt like it and pick out whichever you felt like doing.

Here it is .....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fun-Relaxin...c=1&th=1&psc=1

Would make a useful Christmas present for you
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 09:23 PM

Thanks very much, I will on to Amazon straight away for one of these colouring books. If I remember rightly my late wife used to have a couple.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 09:24 PM

Read, PLay my guitar and look for others to do it with, play chess or GO with my son if he's available, muck around in the garden, search for good recipes - tend to be mostly Asian food, go for a surf although I'm getting a bit old for too much of that. Watch documentaries about ocean life. I never get bored much. NO excuse really. (For me that is)
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 09:29 PM

Like to do crosswords & word games ,then when I get bored put them down ,can always go back to them
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 12:17 AM

I've mentioned computer games in other threads but these also take some time up for me. Try a 'hidden object' one with puzzles included. I've got a jig-saw puzzle program installed that is good. There are free online jig-saw puzzles here. I've used this site for a while and it seems OK.

https://www.dailyjigsawpuzzles.net/

Not all good games are free but it's worth spending a few Pounds for the interest.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Pesta. If you have a ‘Smart TV’ find YouTube videos for walking treadmills.

Thanks Emjay, but I don't have a Smart TV.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top