Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 11:40 AM

Re: Scars, most of us have them so...

I have one scar from seven years ago, a 4” scar on my right arm where I had growth removed.
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 11:40 AM

ok now heres my scar story i work as a truck driver doing tail lift deliveries. About 2 years ago whilst delivering a heavy pallet of stuff it pushed me off the tail lift and fell on top of my leg crushing it. was so severe that when i got to hospital they wanted to amputate it but after 9 hours operation they was able to save it. but leg had to be left opened because of so much swelling. then after say six weeks was skin grafted closed this is the picture just before my skin graft. (please do not look if skirmish)
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Feey ->
ok now heres my scar story i work as a truck driver doing tail lift deliveries. About 2 years ago whilst delivering a heavy pallet of stuff it pushed me off the tail lift and fell on top of my leg crushing it. was so severe that when i got to hospital they wanted to amputate it but after 9 hours operation they was able to save it. but leg had to be left opened because of so much swelling. then after say six weeks was skin grafted closed this is the picture just before my skin graft. (please do not look if skirmish)
Wow! That'll take some beating Feey !!
Bet your more careful next time?!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 12:41 PM

The accident was unlucky but lucky have come out of that one with two legs. Well done you and the surgeons. Are you able to walk OK again?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 12:43 PM

Small scar on palm of each hand...I kid you not.
I lived in a rough area and was ‘captured’ by another gang who attempted to nail me to a door...with rusty bent nails and a rock for a hammer. I fainted, they legged it. I was about 10 or 11.
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
The accident was unlucky but lucky have come out of that one with two legs. Well done you and the surgeons. Are you able to walk OK again?
yes surgeons was fantastic in hospital for 3 months off work for 9 months in total. now back walking and working as normal as can be just left with a limp thats all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 12:58 PM

I’m amazed your leg survived that, Feey

Well done to your surgeons who were able to get you back on your feet again. 👏
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 12:59 PM

yes surgeons was fantastic in hospital for 3 months off work for 9 months in total. now back walking and working as normal as can be just left with a limp thats all.
Pleased to read it. In fact, pleased to read that everyone has survived/recovered from the trials of wounds that were bad enough to leave scars.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 04:58 PM

Have a number of scars:

1) Split my head open when a young child. Had Apple trees in our back garden and parents always said never run under the trees because a low branch could catch you. Well I ran under one of the trees to fetch a ball and a low branch cut my head open. My mother nearly fainted seeing the sight of blood. My father took me to our family doctor who was close. No stitches needed

2) Again as a child, cut my hand open falling off a scooter. Father took me to family doctor, doctor said if the cut had been 1mm deeper it would have severed a main artery in my hand and chances are I would have died.

3) Again as a child, the family dog, a jack Russel bit me in the face twice, scar in my nose and lip.

Would seem the tale is truth that kids do get up to no good
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes ST, even today I can smell a certain type of bathroom cleaner and I’m right back there, Mrs,p hates st Nicholas fair as it had just opened when I went in to hospital..
Mrs P need not worry about St Nick this year - it isn't happening

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top