Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 10:57 AM

Re: Is There a Breakdown of Respect?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, Your post reminded me of yesterday when l parked over the road from the magistrates court. I had to keep returning to my car with shopping as l wanted to go to the park.
Each time, I noticed the people that swaggered out of the court looked happy and were laughing. One even stopped to chat to a beggar and gave him money!
I thought if you go to court and you’re guilty, you are going to be shaken and devastated.
Not these days!
Exactly why I keep blaming judges and their weak sentencing.
Their sentences are a joke and they are a joke.

Police numbers too. I'm just watching a documentary about assaults on police, which are greatly on the increase.
Treason May reduced police numbers by over 20,000. A person being interviewed announced proudly that changes are in place to increase police numbers by 2,000 including PCs, PCSOs and ancillary staff!

The immortal words were spoken: "Just what can we do about this problem?"
They seem not to have a clue.
I could tell them exactly what can be done about it. Not that it would ever happen, of course.
I believe the authorities not only haven't a clue, but they also don't really give a toss.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly why I keep blaming judges and their weak sentencing.
Their sentences are a joke and they are a joke.

Police numbers too. I'm just watching a documentary about assaults on police, which are greatly on the increase.
Treason May reduced police numbers by over 20,000. A person being interviewed announced proudly that changes are in place to increase police numbers by 2,000 including PCs, PCSOs and ancillary staff!

The immortal words were spoken: "Just what can we do about this problem?"
They seem not to have a clue.
I could tell them exactly what can be done about it. Not that it would ever happen, of course.
I believe the authorities not only haven't a clue, but they also don't really give a toss.
The elephant is that the disgusting EC has STILL not ratified the exit deal which does leave unfinished business that includes legislation that gets in the way such as the ECHR crap. ANOTHER bit of Blair's legacy and interference by Gina (bloody) Miller nee Singh.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The elephant is that the disgusting EC has STILL not ratified the exit deal which does leave unfinished business that includes legislation that gets in the way such as the ECHR crap. ANOTHER bit of Blair's legacy and interference by Gina (bloody) Miller nee Singh.
Whilst I agree, what has that to do with dealing with the increase in crime and short, ineffective sentences?

Most of the EU police carry guns. Why can't ours?

Answer: do-gooders.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 03:29 PM

When it comes to prison sentences although I've never been banged up in the UK I've got a few old mates who have, there's one doing a ten year stretch right now.

From what I've heard/learned the "holliday camp" stories are far from accurate, certainly not in the case of category A places.

Cat C are no places of comfort either though I believe that Cat D (open prisons) are more comfortable but still far from being holiday camps. Young Offenders Institutions are totally different though but I've no idea what life inside of them is like other than they seem to be like Borstals of old but sadly without the brutality.

I can't begin to imagine being banged up for years so I sorta think that even just (?) a six month stretch must be one hell of a lot worse than it appears to us on the outside.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-04-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
When it comes to prison sentences although I've never been banged up in the UK I've got a few old mates who have, there's one doing a ten year stretch right now.

From what I've heard/learned the "holliday camp" stories are far from accurate, certainly not in the case of category A places.

Cat C are no places of comfort either though I believe that Cat D (open prisons) are more comfortable but still far from being holiday camps. Young Offenders Institutions are totally different though but I've no idea what life inside of them is like other than they seem to be like Borstals of old but sadly without the brutality.

I can't begin to imagine being banged up for years so I sorta think that even just (?) a six month stretch must be one hell of a lot worse than it appears to us on the outside.
Despite prison 'not being a very nice place', it doesn't stop career criminals apparently wanting to go back every so often. Perhaps they're missing the 'comradeship' in there and going back to see their old friends again.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

07-05-2021, 01:26 PM

I've never noticed a breakdown in respect within the prison systems - I've a friend recently come out - there is a high level of 'respect' within the prison system in OZ - but it comes with its own definition - respect our get hurt - I can remember my father slapping my legs painfully because I was disrespecting him?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
I've never noticed a breakdown in respect within the prison systems - I've a friend recently come out - there is a high level of 'respect' within the prison system in OZ - but it comes with its own definition - respect our get hurt - I can remember my father slapping my legs painfully because I was disrespecting him?
Oh, were you both in the same prison then ??

Donkeyman. 🤔🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Despite prison 'not being a very nice place', it doesn't stop career criminals apparently wanting to go back every so often. Perhaps they're missing the 'comradeship' in there and going back to see their old friends again.
No, they go back to up grade their skills of course. !!

Donkeyman. 👍🤗🤗👍
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-05-2021, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
No, they go back to up grade their skills of course. !!
And to crow to their mates about how much money they've made, illegally, whilst out.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

07-05-2021, 04:43 PM

the point is that prisons DO teach 'respect' for others right?

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top