Join for free
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 08:49 AM

Re: Disrepectul people on the forum

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If anyone is really bothering you use the ignore button it's magic also please don't let anyone stop anyone else posting in any thread, the forum is for everyone and it's poorer the less people get involved.
stevmk2
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If anyone is really bothering you use the ignore button it's magic also please don't let anyone stop anyone else posting in any thread, the forum is for everyone and it's poorer the less people get involved.

If the threads are poorer the less people get involved , begs the question why people are so pathetic and dumb that they use the ignore facility which has zero place on any forum and a real indication of a persons lack of manners, in my opinion. Which brings me back to my first post regarding the self proclaimed special ones and what they are really like in real life.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
If the threads are poorer the less people get involved , begs the question why people are so pathetic and dumb that they use the ignore facility which has zero place on any forum and a real indication of a persons lack of manners, in my opinion. Which brings me back to my first post regarding the self proclaimed special ones and what they are really like in real life.
"Pathetic and dumb" ? You are sounding a little bit superior and special yourself now Duke....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't worry what other folks do, just do your own thing.
I agree Paul have your say and move on

We all have own opinions and as long as we keep within the rules of attacking the subject not the poster and do not resort to name calling we are free to express them here.

Some people are more polite when expressing themselves than others but that is how it is everywhere in life, the answer is to avoid responding to then.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
I only joined the forum this year and in general have found it to be a really good mix of all the different things that interest me. I have enjoyed the interaction with other people where I feel that I can comment, be read and sometimes have replies.

I have however noticed that there are a few people on here who seem to take delight in being sarcastic and ridiculing other people who have a different opinion to themselves.

I have just been looking at a discussion on the science and supernatural part of the forum and feel so angry at certain people who seem to delight in putting others down. It is no longer a discussion but more an attack and defence thread. Such a shame that some on here, cannot if not really interested, leave the thread that they are spoiling alone and let others have a sensible discussion.

I am not saying that they cannot express a differing opinion but it almost amounts to bullying and the sarcasm is really unacceptable.
Sadly Alberta, it is the nature of the internet, it happens everywhere, we all have opinions and have the right to air them but it must be within the forum rules.
If you feel someone is breaking the rules have a word with the mods.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
"Pathetic and dumb" ? You are sounding a little bit superior and special yourself now Duke....
Perhaps so. However after 10 years on forums I really do wonder what these perfect people are like in real life. Ok I am laid back and nothing anybody posts worries me and never has done. Self control is the key and I am very self controlled in life .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Mike just because you are able to tolerate behaviour by members who manage to stay just within the rules but still offend some people does not mean others have to and they are perfectly entitled to the use the 'ignore' facility should they so choose. That is why it exists .
It does not make those who resort to its use pathetic, dumb or rude but is more a reflection of the inconsiderate behaviour of a few who make the use of the facility necessary.
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 10:05 AM

I do agree that all should be able to have their say, disagree and use humour, even if the humour is a bit tongue in cheek. What I hate to see is someone being personally ridiculed, which I have seen. I'm sorry, but to me it is a type of bullying, where a no face person who possibly wouldn't have the courage to do the same thing in their normal life, gets some sort of satisfaction from it.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

11-07-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mike just because you are able to tolerate behaviour by members who manage to stay just within the rules but still offend some people does not mean others have to and they are perfectly entitled to the use the 'ignore' facility should they so choose. That is why it exists .
It does not make those who resort to its use pathetic, dumb or rude but is more a reflection of the inconsiderate behaviour of a few who make the use of the facility necessary.
Well alas I do not agree Meg. The ignore facility is for the lazy and ignorant who cannot develop coping skills. The answer like dog training is logical self control , even more when they do not have a clue what they are reading.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

11-07-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
I do agree that all should be able to have their say, disagree and use humour, even if the humour is a bit tongue in cheek. What I hate to see is someone being personally ridiculed, which I have seen. I'm sorry, but to me it is a type of bullying, where a no face person who possibly wouldn't have the courage to do the same thing in their normal life, gets some sort of satisfaction from it.
Agree and it is normally the spiteful posters who are the first to whinge when they get some back.

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top