Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 01:48 PM

Re: Femenism

Has the Feminist movement delivered what it hoped for. ?
I think it depends what was wanted from Feminism by the individual.
For me it was all about equal pay for equal work and a sharing out of duties for the working woman.
It had nothing to with opening doors exc which is about good manners and politeness.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Then again there are some women who are never satisfied whatever you give them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
...true Jem and there is a name for them..
it begins with 'pain' - - -.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 02:06 PM

True but there is usually a man to blame for that
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 02:45 PM

I love being a woman . A strong one too ( took years though) I always open doors for male or female and give a big smile too. I love it when people do the same . I smile at workmen and thank them for helping me . Yes I love being female , we are a strong species , yet still would love a nice man to hold my hand
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:50 PM

and vice versa
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I agree with all these posts , I don"t want to be a feminist, I like being treated like a woman.
I am a woman and a feminist and I don't just like being treated like a woman - I am treated like a woman, a female of the species.

I am puzzled as to why people think folks are less of a woman if they have feminist views. I am completely female
and I am also my own person in my own right. Women who stand up for their feminism are not all raving lesbians you know with shaved heads and bovver boots.

I ask and expect to be treated as a person first and foremost - what sex I am is secondary to that and I also have the right to assume that I am treated as a woman - without thinking I will only be treated like a woman if I employ feminine wiles and am not a feminist. I don't play games at it - what you see is what you get with me - if folks don't like what they see or what I am then pass on by. There is a great strength in womenfolk (always has been) and I think a simpering helpless female who wants to be treated with kid gloves to make a statement that she is a woman is a sad thing to see. Many women vastly underestimate their capabilities IMO.

I am really quite surprised at some of the posts on here. Don't forget ladies it was the feminists who fought for women to have the vote. And also don't forget that we are now educated to the level of men and not so long ago that was not the case.

In spite of being a feminist female I do have a loving partner of the male persuasion and we have been together for 48 years now. We have a partnership and it's not a matter only being a female if you want to be looked after - we look after each other. I am secure in my own skin which is a feminine one - my psyche is female, but I will certainly hold my own with any man who comes along if I think it necessary and I am not going to worry about whether he thinks I am less feminine for doing it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

07-08-2015, 06:05 PM

http://www.gender.cawater-info.net/k...feminism_e.htm
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 06:57 PM

Great post Aerolor which I agree with 100%...Couldn't have put it better ;~)
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:54 PM

One of the biggest lies in the 20th century was telling young women
'Żou can have it all'

No they couldnt, building a career and marriage and children and homemaking ...something has to give, someone looses out, and something suffers if not work then family and quite often the women herself trying to live up to an ideal that for the vast majority just isnt possible.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top