Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 06:35 AM

Job Satisfaction.

Is Job satisfaction still around or are we just pleased to be earning a wage that we will put up with anything. ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:02 AM

Re: Job Satisfaction.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Is Job satisfaction still around or are we just pleased to be earning a wage that we will put up with anything. ?
I suppose it all boils down to how desperate you are.

I was doing a part time college course a long time ago so decided to take up a job offer of working night's in a big supermarket stacking shelves. It was hard work made all the harder by a ridiculous cold storage system whereby you had to lift grates off one stack to get at the grate you wanted only to find the next grate you wanted was at the bottom of the pile you just moved etc. Shambolic and on top of that there was a right hitler of a floor manager. I got offered another job and buggered off but the guy I worked with had a family and a few kids to support and needed the income: I pitied him. One of many I have pitied.

I've never taken on much responsibility and been able to leave jobs as and when I wanted. I've had far worse jobs than the above but took off from them all when they had served their purpose; others though, with commitments, continued to toil away.

I work for myself now not answering to anyone bar myself. Suits me that is for sure.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:11 AM

I think a lot of people do put up with anything because of the money. It's not always possible to do something about it. I feel very sorry for people in that position.

Hubby & I were self employed. We got job satisfaction every day.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:13 AM

Well it's complicated for me I get great job satisfaction looking back through the offices I clean and seeing them look lovely for the next day, my boss however bashes as much of that out of me as he can with his nasty attitude and bullying ways. I decided a while ago to ignore him best I can (wish there was an ignore button in real life ) and just concentrate on doing the very best job I can and I have tipped the scales into loving my job and going mad with the glass cleaner on the kitchen cupboard fronts to make them gleam again
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:45 AM

Job satisfaction is best when you are self employed.
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:53 AM

I love my job as a support worker and get huge satisfaction from it.just hope i don't have to retire when the time comes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:57 AM

Hmph. I can't find anyone to do any flippin' jobs, so its no good asking me, Nom.
There can't be any job satisfaction if they don't do the jobs in the first place.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 10:32 AM

I've worked in many jobs in the past always on minimum wage , had to work late unpaid and always worked hard and been loyal , tried in many ways to find job satisfaction to make life easier.

I was too afraid to speak out about bad wages or workplace issues as was scared I'd lose the job .

Now I'm retired , it's been a long road but I feel blessed now to be older in reciept of state pension and don't answer to anyone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 12:37 PM

I always liked the work I was doing all my life, otherwise I would not have continued at it, it's very satisfying to see the end results. I must be depressing to work at something you hate doing, soul destroying I think.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 12:56 PM

As a lowly cog in a corporate machine I can tell you that it is indeed soul sucking. Not to mention the need to ideally weave two or three jobs together to come close to full time hours. There are some days when I'd rather stick pins through my eyes than go to work. Ideally I wish there was a non-profit that would take me as salaried...a job with meaning ya know?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top