Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 12:32 PM

Re: Watches a thing of the past?

I very rarely use my mobile, in fact can't remember the last time I did.
But I would be lost without my watch. I wear that on one wrist and a gold chain passed onto me from my grandmother on the other one.
And yes, I would be lost without them.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 12:51 PM

I wouldn't feel complete without my watch. Far to fiddly looking for a mobile in your bag when all you have to do is glance at your wrist.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 01:49 PM

I love watches, I have several of them, wouldn't be without them.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 01:54 PM

I have several watches of various styles and colours too but Ive not worn one for ages now,Im not a clockwatcher and usually dont have rigid time rules in life.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 03:03 PM

I love my watch. I'm not really a clock watcher, and I never use my mobile phone to check the time. I still feel uncomfortable about the way technology seems to be taking over everything, so my mobile phone is used as a phone and nothing else.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 03:11 PM

Haven't worn a watch for donkeys years. Can't remember the last time.

I always have my mobile with me at home or in the car or in my pocket or bag if I'm out.

But there's a clock on the kitchen wall, on the cooker, on the microwave, on the TV, on the radio beside my bed, in the car, on the desk top computer, on my Google pad....

Anyone got the time?????
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 03:37 PM

I only switch my mobile phone on if I actually have it with me and a) I have an emergency b) I have arranged for Mrs.G to call me because she is the only one who knows the number or c) to keep the number 'live'.

What I have done is to be able to guess the time pretty well without one, but if I need an accurate time, I sometimes use a watch.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:15 PM

I have not worn a watch in over 20 years. I was always forgetting I was wearing one and sticking my hands in water.
Mind you I still have the watch that was bought for my 21. Never part with that.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I have not worn a watch in over 20 years. I was always forgetting I was wearing one and sticking my hands in water.
Mind you I still have the watch that was bought for my 21. Never part with that.
I was just about to post the very same thing!
Other watches have come and gone over the years but this little one is still in my jewellery box.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:57 PM

Who realy needs a watch? All you need is to know where North is and the sun.
Accurate to within an hour or two.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top