Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Store detective

I was in morrisons a while back standing near the exit . I saw a woman with a very full trolley walk out the exit as casually as you like. I went over to member of staff who said some shoppers do leave by this way, I said no, go get manager now . Manager came over as I had watched her head out to the car park , he followed her and she turned trolley round and went back into store , she started dumping stuff while being followed then left the trolley in the store. Later I went back to see the manager he said apart from the dumped stuff she had over £200 of stock in the trolley. I said do I get a little reward and he gave me a bottle of wine and offered me a job. I declined. Drank the wine though!

I did mention the staff need more training as the complacent attitude of the original person I spoke to was dismissive of me .

Big grin on my face recalling the moments as a store detective
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 02:51 PM

Re: Store detective

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I was in morrisons a while back standing near the exit . I saw a woman with a very full trolley walk out the exit as casually as you like. I went over to member of staff who said some shoppers do leave by this way, I said no, go get manager now . Manager came over as I had watched her head out to the car park , he followed her and she turned trolley round and went back into store , she started dumping stuff while being followed then left the trolley in the store. Later I went back to see the manager he said apart from the dumped stuff she had over £200 of stock in the trolley. I said do I get a little reward and he gave me a bottle of wine and offered me a job. I declined. Drank the wine though!

I did mention the staff need more training as the complacent attitude of the original person I spoke to was dismissive of me .

Big grin on my face recalling the moments as a store detective
Good for you, it is people like her that put our prices.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 03:04 PM

Well done Susan, never seems to be anyone who really needs it thieving always someone who could pay if they wanted.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 03:53 PM

Well done you !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:01 PM

The thing is that many of these type of vermin are found to have loads of cash in their purses or wallets they are just to bloody tight to pay for the goods remember Richard Madeley?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:32 PM

Makes you wonder just how many others do the same thing as this woman.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:38 PM

Do you think he knew what he was doing doc , or it could have been a genuine mistake , he was found not guilty wasn't he

Re Richard Madley
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Do you think he knew what he was doing doc , or it could have been a genuine mistake , he was found not guilty wasn't he

Re Richard Madley
He was, so I think that says it all.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Once in Sainsburys my son and I saw a man pick up a big box of Persil and walk straight out of the door without paying , I told a member of staff and pointed out the man , we watched the staff member approach the man and bring him back ibto the store, but never found the outcome
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
The thing is that many of these type of vermin are found to have loads of cash in their purses or wallets they are just to bloody tight to pay for the goods remember Richard Madeley?
No I don't remember what Richard Madely did, curious now and I wont sleep if I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top