Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 07:54 PM

Family Shopping

It is so nice to see families going round the shops together and Fathers pushing prams , seeing to their children, the only time my Hubbie went shopping with me was if he needed something,or if it involved us both, he was no good at changing a nappy and seldom pushed the pram, if I wanted to look around the shops I would have to go alone or with my Mother or friend
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 09:21 PM

Re: Family Shopping

Yes I love seeing that too, my husband was great with the little ones and could change nappies better than me, he used to push Tasha up the hill to the village and wander around the shops at midnight to get her off to sleep, he did it a couple of times for Grace too.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 10:25 PM

I was with my wife when my children were born (at home). I used to change nappies, bath them, tell them bedtime stories etc.. They've turned out OK and I'm very proud of them.

Unfortunately my mother was only concerned about how anything we (myself, brother and sister) did, affected people's opinion of her.

I never wanted to be like my parents.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 10:36 PM

I too used to do it all , change nappies, bedtime stories, I loved pushing him in his pram, my wife and I took turns in pushing it and always loved it when it was my turn
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 09:43 AM

I too love to see the familys together and the great dad's. My son in law is a great dad and does everything with the family.

My children's father refused to help out , did his own thing , never ever pushed the pram , in his mind children should be seen and not heard . He is still the same today , and has no idea or care about family life .....almost as if he is devoid of feelings . My grown up kids are still affected by his attitude .

I smile when I see lovely dad's loving their children
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 02:01 PM

I think its lovely when hubbies/partners/boyfriends/menfolk see to the children and push the prams and buggies and change nappies. I dont see any reason why they should miss out on the experience,I believe it brings them closer to their children.
I love seeing a strong bond with children and their fathers,its important for both of them
Sadly I feel a lot of men miss out through no fault of their own sometimes
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 02:12 PM

ysa

oh so true, I missed out on a lot because my parents were more concerned with getting on as the war finished (born 1945) than this now called "bonding" which was not about then.

Even when we had our children fathers, like myself, were only allowed 2 days off work to get to be with their new born not like now they can take weeks off with pay
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think its lovely when hubbies/partners/boyfriends/menfolk see to the children and push the prams and buggies and change nappies. I dont see any reason why they should miss out on the experience,I believe it brings them closer to their children.
I love seeing a strong bond with children and their fathers,its important for both of them
Sadly I feel a lot of men miss out through no fault of their own sometimes
You've said exactly how I feel - certainly helps a man mature taking an active role with the children - beautiful to witness ..........
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
It is so nice to see families going round the shops together and Fathers pushing prams , seeing to their children, the only time my Hubbie went shopping with me was if he needed something,or if it involved us both, he was no good at changing a nappy and seldom pushed the pram, if I wanted to look around the shops I would have to go alone or with my Mother or friend
He sounds a bit like me, although I have done my share of nappy changing.
I do go for the weekly food shop now that I have finished work.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 03:52 PM

I do almost everything, after helping to bring up our children, I shop, do the cooking, help with the cleaning, do all the windows inside and out, all the gardening and general DIY and everyday house maintenance and repairs etc etc etc
I don't do the washing up or any washing and ironing clothes.
I enjoy being active and keeping my wife in good spirits as far as I am able.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top