Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 09:29 AM

Re: Good morning Monday

So much for the promise of my wife that today was going to be sun filled and baking. grrr
And thanks to Plantman for his photo of a young David Gower .
Have a nice day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 09:33 AM

Good morning all a steady fall of rain started around 7:00am giving the garden a good watering. Seems like I cut the garden hedge yesterday just in time!

Plenty of ironing and indoor jobs to catch up on today.

Enjoy your day everyone...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 09:36 AM

have to go to a funeral this afternoon, someone we have known for over 40 years. Not looking forward to it obviously but then again I prefer my own company anyway.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 09:55 AM

buenas dias all. As ever very hot and humid, but we did have a few more drops of rain last night, there must have been at least 12 drops ! Only plans for today (so far) are housework and food shopping. Lovely photo Plantman, old photos are nice to look back on. Have a lovely day all.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 12:23 PM

Good afternoon.

Can't stay long as I'm busy taking over the world.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
So much for the promise of my wife that today was going to be sun filled and baking. grrr
And thanks to Plantman for his photo of a young David Gower .
Have a nice day.
A young David Gower that made me laugh..good photo though ,I like the old black and white ones
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
And thanks to Plantman for his photo of a young Dahvid Gower.
Well spotted DOE, I really was a dead ringer wasn't I.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Well spotted DOE, I really was a dead ringer wasn't I.....
Barry, was it the similarity to David Gower that put you off cricket for life?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Barry, was it the similarity to David Gower that put you off cricket for life?
Not at all Mags, I just rage against the notion that the result in a game of cricket is anything other than chance, how else would you explain the last couple of test match results? I mean could 11 of the supposed best cricket players in the world really have suddenly lost all of their practiced skills, or were they just plain unlucky do you think?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Not at all Mags, I just rage against the notion that the result in a game of cricket is anything other than chance, how else would you explain the last couple of test match results? I mean could 11 of the supposed best cricket players in the world really have suddenly lost all of their practiced skills, or were they just plain unlucky do you think?
It is your thinking Barry that the players changed. It was not the players that changed but the nature of the pitches . English pitches and weather first swing the ball and our green pitches turn the ball on impact . This the Aussies can not handle as they do not have any pitches left in Aussie that behave the same, so they do not have the playing ability to handle it. However in the second Test we did give their fast bowlers a hard straight pitch and they thrashed us by over 400 runs.
When we go over there next they will give us rock hard non-turning pitches and we will lose 5-0 again.
Guess that should have gone on the "Cricket" thread.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top