Join for free
Page 5 of 52 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 10:32 AM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by sparky ->
The Chinese are playing a very dangerous game here, personally, I'd just nuke them, but that's just me. However, that Kim Jong nutter in North Korea has said he will not have the virus in his country, and interestingly enough there's been no reports of the virus in that country, now that's probably more to do with the fact that he's suppressing news rather than there not being any cases in his country. However, given the fact that he's a total nutter, remember not only at one point did he threaten Russia, but also the United States, I can just see him kicking it of with China if anything does happen.
Hi

Nuking China is not an option.

It is an enormous country with vast underground rail systems for it's nukes.

It also has a very capable anti ballistic missile system.

We are a tiny , densely populated island with no anti ballistic missile systems other than a few AEGIS on our ships.

We would have millions of casualties and a completely destroyed infrastructure.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nuking China is not an option.

It is an enormous country with vast underground rail systems for it's nukes.

It also has a very capable anti ballistic missile system.

We are a tiny , densely populated island with no anti ballistic missile systems other than a few AEGIS on our ships.

We would have millions of casualties and a completely destroyed infrastructure.
Well something needs doing, they are a backward and barbaric culture, not unlike the Muslim lot. how in modern times it can be considered acceptable to eat dogs, cats, and other animals is beyond me. they are totally and utterly stupid
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 11:11 AM

China makes just about everything, they would not have too do much to bring western countries to a stop with economies hardwired to their autocratic regime.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 11:14 AM

Well something needs doing, they are a backward and barbaric culture, not unlike the Muslim lot. how in modern times it can be considered acceptable to eat dogs, cats, and other animals is beyond me. they are totally and utterly stupid
The Chinese have been around for quite a while and invented some good stuff sparky, they must be doing something right....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 11:15 AM

When were you last in China?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
China makes just about everything, they would not have too do much to bring western countries to a stop with economies hardwired to their autocratic regime.
Don't overlook other nations such as Indonesia, Malaya, India, Mexico, Brasil and especially Taiwan who all manufacture high tech items that we import and other western nations import.

In my opinion Globalism is absolutely NOT a good thing and nor is free trade.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

When were you last in China?
I wasn't, but I know people who go there a lot, a mate of mine has a business and some of his kit is made out there, he went out there and a guy was operating a machine that made his gear, there were live wires hanging everywhere and the guy was stood in a puddle. He voiced his concerns to the manager who was showing him around, they guy told him not to worry, if the machine operator did get electrocuted they'd simply drag him out of the way and bring in one of the dozens queuing outside for a job, talk about things being disposable.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Don't overlook other nations such as Indonesia, Malaya, India, Mexico, Brasil and especially Taiwan who all manufacture high tech items that we import and other western nations import.

In my opinion Globalism is absolutely NOT a good thing and nor is free trade.

Amen to that Todger......
Globalism has turned the UK in to an industrial backwater....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 12:00 PM

I wasn't, but I know people who go there a lot, a mate of mine has a business and some of his kit is made out there, he went out there and a guy was operating a machine that made his gear, there were live wires hanging everywhere and the guy was stood in a puddle. He voiced his concerns to the manager who was showing him around, they guy told him not to worry, if the machine operator did get electrocuted they'd simply drag him out of the way and bring in one of the dozens queuing outside for a job, talk about things being disposable.
We need some live wires over here in uk Sparky!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-04-2020, 12:45 PM

Right. A man-in-a-pub fact.

Firstly China is big. I mean REALLY big for example it covers FIVE time zones.
Not only that but it comprises of what are in effect different countries with very varied populations in each living in very different ways. In the major cities life is totally different from in the countryside and I do mean very.

The cottage industries that consisted of one man and a flypress churning out small parts is all but gone, instead highly automated factories produce very high quality goods and provide very good working conditions for the workers that a lot of workers in the West wet themselves in passion at the possibility of ever getting the same.

In the cities the standard of living is equal if not better than the West with only housing being lower than we have.

I was last in China, Beijing and Guangdong, presenting a paper on introducing neural networks into automated test stations in Feb last year.

I've been in China pretty much every year since retiring for various reasons and can now manage to find my way between the now Peninsula Hotel (used to be the Palace) in Goldfish Lane to the university blindfolded if needed!

Obviously I've schlepped about a bit over the years and while certainly not in any way an expert of the country what I do know is that the image that most people have about the place, the peoples, and the different ways of life is far from reality.

Page 5 of 52 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top