Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 04:18 PM

Civility, romance, and all the niceties...

....everything seems so crass these days. There is outrage here over something so vile, that I won't elaborate...

..but what happened? Can we ever return to social restraint and respect?

I suppose I am sentimental, but I am really heartbroken for the younger generations who are not just isolated, but are missing out the pleasures that come with respect, self-respect, and the Golden Rule.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 04:23 PM

Re: Civility, romance, and all the niceties...

Surfermom, l blame it all on when women burned their bras and got equality.

Look what happened, the women became masculine and the blokes were silently neutered!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 04:37 PM

I comes with letting everything hang out!

Not just clothes ( sometimes I don’t wear a bra indoors now Mr M and the dog don’t mind)

It’s emotions and things that I don’t want to know about about.

I don’t want to know about natural bodily functions - for goodness sake we are mature people we know how the body works !

We don’t want to be told ad nauseum !

And what’s wrong with being courteous and manners not just in speech but in actions .

Like holding a door for someone or giving them a seat .

Little courteous actions thta should IMO be second nature .

As a woman I like gentlemen in the true sense of the word it’s a shame they are getting rarer .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I comes with letting everything hang out!

Not just clothes ( sometimes I don’t wear a bra indoors now Mr M and the dog don’t mind)

It’s emotions and things that I don’t want to know about about.

I don’t want to know about natural bodily functions - for goodness sake we are mature people we know how the body works !

We don’t want to be told ad nauseum !

And what’s wrong with being courteous and manners not just in speech but in actions .

Like holding a door for someone or giving them a seat .

Little courteous actions thta should IMO be second nature .

As a woman I like gentlemen in the true sense of the word it’s a shame they are getting rarer .
I often don't wear a bra indoors, not got one on today. Mainly because the itchy spots are back on my back & the bra makes them worse. The pills don't work sometimes.
As to courteous action, yes, opening doors, saying after you etc should be second nature now, but how many of todays young adults are brought up to do it, not many I'll bet.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 05:02 PM

Artangel, I think you are spot on with the rise of feminism. Sadly, the reach for equality was perverted. With equality came a lack of restraint and respect. A shame.

Muddy, I so agree. Letting it all hang out and bodily functions in the public sphere takes away the wonder of and appreciation for the opposite sex. Being a little enigmatic is a good thing .

I wonder whether or not the worst form of disrespect in society right now is that is what the adults are tolerating and modeling in front of the wide eyes and open ears of young teens and children.

Will we ever get a grip and say ENOUGH?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, l blame it all on when women burned their bras and got equality.

Look what happened, the women became masculine and the blokes were silently neutered!!
Yeah that was back in the 70's, then came the NewRomantics, short-back-and-sides, and we were back where we started.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 07:50 PM

Never heard of the New Romantics .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 08:13 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Romantic

This webpage explains it, sort of. It was an era marking the end of the great unwashed 'hippy' era. Romance, niceties, self-respect were back in fashion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:25 PM

Me neither.
dOOd will think we must live in caves.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:55 PM

Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet?!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top