Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 04:07 PM

Re: Gypsy Horse Fair

I don’t like to watch horses being roughly treated by ignorant hobbledehoys at the Appleby horse show.
I hate seeing travellers racing ( often very young ) horses in trotting carts on the main roads -their poor joints slamming down on the blacktop doing them irreparable harm .
Actually I just hate them full stop .
They are a cruel thieving scourge on society .
If that makes me a ‘racist’ so be it .
Some ‘races ‘need to die out.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t like to watch horses being roughly treated by ignorant hobbledehoys at the Appleby horse show.
I hate seeing travellers racing ( often very young ) horses in trotting carts on the main roads -their poor joints slamming down on the blacktop doing them irreparable harm .
Actually I just hate them full stop .
They are a cruel thieving scourge on society .
If that makes me a ‘racist’ so be it .
Some ‘races ‘need to die out.
I watched a video of that fair & those poor horses. One of the gypsy lads fell of the horse he was riding, bare back, no hat etc & everyone was saying had sad it was as he had a broken arm, no thought to the poor horse he was hamming into the ground with his reckless riding. It should be banned.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 04:45 PM

I quite agree with the Muddy and Tiffany.

They used to hammer down the road in the village I lived in before I came here. You could hear the hooves thundering by at speed, early in the mornings, usually just before it got light.
Ever tried to see a black horse in the dark?? Or a trap with no lights?

One day it all went pear-shaped.
A car or van didn't see them and ploughed into them.
The young gypsy was dead, and the horse was so badly injured, a vet had to put him down.

Such an uneccessary and sad ending.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 04:53 PM

Just heard some encouraging news - Yay!

Apparently the local council, along with the local police have managed to stop the Fair this Bank Holiday.

They said there had been no permission or licencing granted, and along with the Covid threat, it has now been cancelled.

So far, so good, but it remains to be seen whether the gypsies will take any notice or not.

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 05:31 PM

I'm really surprised and hope the gypsies move on and away . Fingers crossed.

It does annoy me they seem to have laws of their own and get away with it though
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just heard some encouraging news - Yay!

Apparently the local council, along with the local police have managed to stop the Fair this Bank Holiday.

They said there had been no permission or licencing granted, and along with the Covid threat, it has now been cancelled.

So far, so good, but it remains to be seen whether the gypsies will take any notice or not.

That is good news for you & your area, hope they do go now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-08-2020, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is good news for you & your area, hope they do go now.

We all know they take no notice whatsoever of the law, so it will be interesting to see whether they still hold their fair regardless.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-08-2020, 09:20 PM

Well I'm blowed if I know what's happening now.

Just read a different report that says the fair will be held!

It reads that surrounding villagers are dreading it, business and shops nearby will refuse to open, and the local farmers are blocking off all their farm gates with hay bales, mountains of manure, fallen trees and various vehicles.

So Gawd knows what to believe now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 10:17 PM

Do you think they put curses on people?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 10:20 PM

They are a curse on people .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top