Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:28 PM

Re: What's the attraction?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nah. Don't be mean, let him take a selfie with you.
I normally shun the limelight, and try to avoid that sort of thing.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hah. No flies on me donkeyman.
Do Lederhosen have Flies?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do Lederhosen have Flies?
Probably, if you've been wearing them too long.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:34 PM

Only above the Knee.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-11-2020, 11:40 PM

Flies or Flys, a Morris Dancer would know, that is why they get all the Birds.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:44 PM

Unfortunately Morris Dancing is not peculiar to only England. They do it - or should I say perpetrate it.. a bit here as well. Despite my aversion to it, I have tried to be reasonable and made an effort to understand it. From my enquiries, I have learned that it is far from "poofy" in it's spirit. In fact it is..or was..considered quite a manly tradition. THere is so much great dance happening in this country from both indigenous and western culture, an old and somewhat nerdy English tradition with silly hats doesn't hold much attraction to many. And with respects to women being attracted to it; I have to go along with the OFF zeitgeist and say that I, too have never heard any woman express those desires. In fact one girlfriend I had in my university days upon witnessing a Morris demonstration on campus said to me..."If you ever even express a wish to trey that let alone do it..I will stab you in the eye"..Sums it up really.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:46 PM

Woman can be Morris Dancers too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Unfortunately Morris Dancing is not peculiar to only England. They do it - or should I say perpetrate it.. a bit here as well. Despite my aversion to it, I have tried to be reasonable and made an effort to understand it. From my enquiries, I have learned that it is far from "poofy" in it's spirit. In fact it is..or was..considered quite a manly tradition. THere is so much great dance happening in this country from both indigenous and western culture, an old and somewhat nerdy English tradition with silly hats doesn't hold much attraction to many. And with respects to women being attracted to it; I have to go along with the OFF zeitgeist and say that I, too have never heard any woman express those desires. In fact one girlfriend I had in my university days upon witnessing a Morris demonstration on campus said to me..."If you ever even express a wish to trey that let alone do it..I will stab you in the eye"..Sums it up really.

I take it you didn't give it try then, Keezoy.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

14-11-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
From my enquiries, I have learned that it is far from "poofy" in it's spirit. In fact it is..or was..considered quite a manly tradition.
Yes indeed. I believe that up until not all that long ago, when the morris men were due to hit the village, they would lock all the women away before they arrived.

"If you ever even express a wish to trey that let alone do it..I will stab you in the eye"..Sums it up really.
Was she the jealous type?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Woman can be Morris Dancers too.

Ooh Tiff . . . you must tell me . . . . are you?

You could perhaps partner Harbal some time?

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top