Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 08:51 PM

TV Ads

I'm sick to death of commercial channels interrupting adverts by putting programs between them.

It's not as though it's possible to record stuff off catch-up and fast forward through things so I can get back onto the ads
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 09:09 PM

Re: TV Ads

Well exactly! I love they are so loud too...not like the quiet programmes that you need to keep pressing the volume button for..!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Well exactly! I love they are so loud too...not like the quiet programmes that you need to keep pressing the volume button for..!
I thought l was the only one ??

Donkeyman! 👎😭😭👎
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:13 PM

I only watch streaming TV and DVDs now. I can avoid all the adverts. I haven't watched standard TV for about 4 years.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:49 PM

I record most of my programmes then when I watch I fast forward or jump through the ads so I hardly see them nowadays
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I record most of my programmes then when I watch I fast forward or jump through the ads so I hardly see them nowadays
So do we. Sometimes (for example on ITV hub) it's not possible to do this.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 07:15 AM

I remember the days when ads lasted for maybe 1 minute nowadays there are about 10 ads between each play / show we watch .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:07 AM

I remember the days when ads lasted for maybe 1 minute nowadays there are about 10 ads between each play / show we watch .
I agree! Mr P counted 14 during one interval when a show was on during the evening. I made tea and toast, went to the loo and they were still showing ads when I settled back down.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:32 AM

That's one of the reasons we watch very little OTA TV broadcasts in this house either, it's gone daft!

In fact apart from Mrs Zaphod watching the Sewing Bee and me watching Kevin McCloud plus the 10 O'clock news we wouldn't need a TV aerial at all.
Having so many adverts doesn't exactly encourage people away from ad-free streaming services, that's for sure.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:34 AM

The adverts also 'run on' each from the previous one, not even the slightest pause between them. No doubt someone realised that the time between them all added up and was '£x' amount of income lost, so that was changed. Also why does the volume on adverts have to increase from what was an acceptable level for the programme being viewed?

On the subject of varying volumes there is a cookery programme at the weekend, yes one of oh so many, on Sunday I recall, with Lisa Faulkner and John Torode. They are both in the kitchen, usually standing right next to each other and yet their voices are at different levels, one can hardly be heard while the other is quite acceptable. The same on an ITV chat programme with Jonathan Ross, his guests can all be heard but his voice is just a very low mumble all the time. Surely in this day and age something can be done about this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top