Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:38 PM

Re: Carrie Symonds and the Gold Wallpaper

The place isn't theirs and since such things are supposedly to help maintain the property and will be available to future occupants, I really don't see the problem.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ermmm...ok then. Just making a bit of conversation, no harm done.
Have a virtual hug.

Conversation is what places like this are all about.
When it starts to look like illogical hatred it grates - and I'm not blaming you but rather the cruddy organisations including our media that so brazenly promote such reactions.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:39 PM

Yes well it’s the Daily Mail what do you expect ?
As it’s a Tory rag it would seem that someone in Toryville doesn’t want to donate to Carries wall paper .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Omah that is the Daily Mail's interpretation of Carrie's style based on the work of Lulu Lytle.
It doesn't mean we should assumed that is how 10 Downing Street will be decorated and even if it is, the flat is a private residence and it is down to the occupant who have to live there how it is decorated. It is no business of anyone else.

No, it's not an "interpretation" - the photos are examples of Lytle's "style", which Symonds admires.

I have no idea about property ownership and responsibilities for the refurbishment for Nos 10 & 11 - other posters are privy to that sort of information.

Obviously, if Johnson is paying for the redecoration of private quarters then it is of little interest to anyone, except the millions who are "passionate" about home improvement (TV programmes, magazines, websites, etc.)

If the money is coming from the public purse then every taxpayer should take an interest in how their money is being spent.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:51 PM

In days gone past we had tittle-tattle on the doorstep.
This "story" is a no more than an odious modern equivalent; it certainly is not "news".
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:52 PM

But Zaps you don’t have to read it and get yourself all upset
Zaphod
Lincs UK

02-03-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But Zaps you don’t have to read it and get yourself all upset
Who said I'm upset?
Show me and I'll go get 'em!

You mean it isn't your reading my posts that is getting you all upset.

Or is it you thinking that I'm upset that is getting you so upset?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-03-2021, 03:15 PM

I am not upset I just find it mildly amusing that you are getting your knickers in a twist over the PMs squeeze and wall paper .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
The place isn't theirs and since such things are supposedly to help maintain the property and will be available to future occupants, I really don't see the problem.

Have a virtual hug.

Conversation is what places like this are all about.
When it starts to look like illogical hatred it grates - and I'm not blaming you but rather the cruddy organisations including our media that so brazenly promote such reactions.
Ta Its fine, I didn't know the DM had picked up on it. I also thought it was amusing that it made sky news, but there ya go. I think the days of "real news" have long gone.

Gold wallpaper funded by a charity though?? *ducks and runs away*
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Gold wallpaper funded by a charity though?? *ducks and runs away*
Ducks need homes, too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Viggers

Sir Peter John Viggers was a British Conservative politician and lawyer who served as Member of Parliament (MP) for Gosport from 1974. He stepped down in 2010 as a result of the investigation of MPs' expenses.

On 21 May 2009, The Daily Telegraph reported on Viggers' claims as part of its investigation of MPs' expenses, which it said showed Viggers was paid more than £30,000 for gardening expenses over three years. The paper noted in particular that Viggers had attempted to claim for a "pond feature" worth £1,645 which was identified as a "floating duck island".
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Ducks need homes, too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Viggers
Ooooeer! That's a bit fancy innit?? Lucky ducks!

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top