Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:33 AM

Those Of You In The Uk.

It’s a beautiful morning here, I am going to work in the garden again today. it took me two days to cut my hedges, I didn’t do much last year in the garden, I filled a builders huge bag with all of the hedging, plus all the old compost out of the large pots from last year, £60 it cost to remove, I’m sure prices have risen since this covid outbreak.

Have you any plans for the day?....

Sunshine has an affect on me!......does it motivate you?....sunshine certainly motivates me for some reason, makes me feel energised.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:40 AM

Re: Those Of You In The Uk.

Hi

Old compost is always reused, never discarded.

Mixed with fish blood and bone and ready to go again.

Hedge cuttings are dried and then go into the incinerator, the ashes, full of potash, go on the tomatoes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:45 AM

I am meeting my son and the youngest twins (aged 4 last Saturday) in the nature reserve for a socially distanced walk. The twins will be going to school full time in September so making the best of these lasts months having missed so much time with them last year.

Then home to repot the sweet peas if it doesn't rain
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Old compost is always reused, never discarded.

Mixed with fish blood and bone and ready to go again.

Hedge cuttings are dried and then go into the incinerator, the ashes, full of potash, go on the tomatoes.

My old compost was thrown away, it was full of roots, so impossible to reuse, I have always used fresh compost, some say not to use old compost, some say to use it, each to their own.old soil can also harbour pathogens, that can affect new plants.also hedge cutting should be healthy before broken down.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am meeting my son and the youngest twins (aged 4 last Saturday) in the nature reserve for a socially distanced walk. The twins will be going to school full time in September so making the best of these lasts months having missed so much time with them last year.

Then home to repot the sweet peas if it doesn't rain

Enjoy your time with your son and twin grandchildren, good luck in repotting your sweet peas.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 09:40 AM

Mmmm Pauline you write as if you are living in some far off land "Those of you living in the UK".
Last time I looked Hampshire was still part of the UK.

Hope the sun keeps shining for you and you sort out some of your garden.
I was out walking my mutt at 6.30am around the lakes and when I got back I did pop out the back where the sun was shining gloriously but I am afraid its still cold enough to freeze the knackers off a brass monkey.

So I will sit in my man cave upstairs and wait for the sun to warm things up , possibly around noon.
Then I will pop out on the roof and paint some more of my swing seat. I am hoping to get it all done before summer is over.
So I can maybe get a few lazy afternoons laying in the sun.

So till noon I think a hot few coffees and possible a few Simply Red albums will have to do.

Enjoy your day every one.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Mmmm Pauline you write as if you are living in some far off land "Those of you living in the UK".
Last time I looked Hampshire was still part of the UK.

Hope the sun keeps shining for you and you sort out some of your garden.
I was out walking my mutt at 6.30am around the lakes and when I got back I did pop out the back where the sun was shining gloriously but I am afraid its still cold enough to freeze the knackers off a brass monkey.

So I will sit in my man cave upstairs and wait for the sun to warm things up , possibly around noon.
Then I will pop out on the roof and paint some more of my swing seat. I am hoping to get it all done before summer is over.
So I can maybe get a few lazy afternoons laying in the sun.

So till noon I think a hot few coffees and possible a few Simply Red albums will have to do.

Enjoy your day every one.

Hello Longfellow, not everyone on this forum is from the Uk, that was my only point, their seasons maybe different to ours,

Painting your swing seat, good luck with that, that is one job I can’t stand doing, I have a fence and decking that needs doing, I’m thinking about having composite decking laid, to replace the wood decking, the stain on it, has once again peeled, it really makes the place look scruffy,...or I could have artificial grass laid on it?

Make sure you have your sun protection cream on, if you are laying in that sun,
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 10:37 AM

It's sunny but not so warm. At least the tomatoes look as though they are shivering.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's sunny but not so warm. At least the tomatoes look as though they are shivering.

I was expecting it to be a beautiful day,Annie, how wrong was I, shivering away here, thank God I’m not a tomato,...I have my heating on.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It’s a beautiful morning here, I am going to work in the garden again today. it took me two days to cut my hedges, I didn’t do much last year in the garden, I filled a builders huge bag with all of the hedging, plus all the old compost out of the large pots from last year, £60 it cost to remove, I’m sure prices have risen since this covid outbreak.

Have you any plans for the day?....

Sunshine has an affect on me!......does it motivate you?....sunshine certainly motivates me for some reason, makes me feel energised.
Why is this thread just for those living here in the UK?

Each of my days are much the same as the previous one, which suits me fine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top