Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 06:00 AM

Re: Bill and Linda Gates Divorcing.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's always sad when this happens but I'm not sure why it should be in the News.
Somebody - somewhere - is making money from it - which is sad because it is no-one's business but theirs!

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
There. That is the likely cause of the breakup. IMO, once a very feminist message is being touted, the writing is on the wall.
I agree - the mad aggressive 'feminists' have killed the very essence of being feminine. I am female - I love it - and have no need or wish to compete with a man on any level.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Somebody - somewhere - is making money from it - which is sad because it is no-one's business but theirs!

I agree - the mad aggressive 'feminists' have killed the very essence of being feminine. I am female - I love it - and have no need or wish to compete with a man on any level.
Hi

I agree, you treat ladies with respect, not because they are lesser beings, but because of their importance in life.

The other reason is that, if you are like me and have younger Yorkshire sisters, be afraid, be very afraid.

They will run rings round any male.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

04-05-2021, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
There. That is the likely cause of the breakup. IMO, once a very feminist message is being touted, the writing is on the wall.
well I wouldn't necessarily agree with that summation - surely women are entitled to tout feminine messages as well as men male messages - my question was not about that per se but how much effort they were putting into caring for each others needs etc

well apart from the extremes of a wife beater or even a husband beater - the vast majority in the middle is imo simple "not caring for each other from day one or day three or day 50 etc - it's is often cumulative and having a good marriage; sustained marriage and one that last until death needs working on and working on daily etc - I would say that bill and Linda were far too busy looking after the rest of the world than themselves or their kids?

It would be impossible of course but fascinating to interview their kids and ask them -" what happened to mom and dad?" some interesting answers indeed!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 06:21 AM

It’s only speculation we don’t know.
I have always quite admired Bill Gates I hope he hasn’t got some young woman in the wings .Still I suppose he will at least pay for his own wallpaper .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 07:01 AM

We are constantly paying for Bills Wallpaper, mind you, it is changed frequently, even when not requested.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 07:09 AM

I bet life was barrel of laughs with him apparently he proposed using a white board listing reasons why it could be a good idea.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

04-05-2021, 07:47 AM

Now how many women would think that's a good way to start? - the wallpaper may be more fetching?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 09:22 AM

What is there left to do together when you have the world at your fingertips. I don't think a walk along some distant beach holding hands is not quite the Gates bag.....

Family life is not marketed the way it used to be.
Gone are the days of Katie stirring the gravy, now Karen and Katie are cuddling with a glass of wine and gazing out to sea watching the sunset together, and Bill and John are searching for a luxury apartment in some far off land on 'A Place in the Sun'.....There are subliminal messages everywhere creating the new normal....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
well I wouldn't necessarily agree with that summation - surely women are entitled to tout feminine messages as well as men male messages - my question was not about that per se but how much effort they were putting into caring for each others needs etc
Sorry to disagree with you, Bret, but "a very feminist message" is the exact opposite of "a feminine message".
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 10:40 AM

Hi

A feminine massage is always better than a feminist message.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top