Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 03:10 PM

Re: Men and Women, different skills.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Aren't we all different?
I am sure that many men see themselves as different to other men, and I am certain that women are different to other women, in many ways.
Personally I think that the greatest influence on the person you are, is many different events of your life... not your gender......and how many of us lived the same life.
When a man makes a mistake, all women are likely to say "Well what do you expect, he is a man"
I am sure most men make similar comments about women...but do they really mean it?
Nobody can be rightly judged because they are male or female, so why cant we all accept that you should judge a person as an individual, rather than what gender they are?
Hi

I do not think this is a battle, nobody is right or wrong.

It is just a fact if life.

I have seen many die.

I have never seen one of them cry out for their father.

Without exception they have all called out for their Mum.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 03:11 PM

Just look at the state of this decking!!...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	9DC629FF-87B7-4B27-A405-0D8CA2D06085.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	15431  
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Men and women compliment one another, make a good team, in the home, in the boardroom.

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus ... or wherever. We are different, thankfully.
Done right (with mutual respect, working through the occasional rough spot, and a little awe thrown in), that complimentary aspect leads to the most purely enjoyable partnerships life has to offer.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not think this is a battle, nobody is right or wrong.

It is just a fact if life.

I have seen many die.

I have never seen one of them cry out for their father.

Without exception they have all called out for their Mum.
Perhaps that is because, when they are dying they cry for the person who gave them comfort as a child.... but I have known a few fathers whose children adore them. If I was dying I would have wanted my dad to hold my hand!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 04:19 PM

'A woman, a dog, a wallnut tree. The more you beat them, the better they be'. Attributed to Aesop it's got a great deal of truth in it (not too sure about walnut trees).
Over the last hundred years women especially English and American have been allowed to get too much power and influence. The place for women is as homemakers and homekeepers looking after the kids and their husbands.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Without bragging, I am pretty good at DIY projects, just removed a load of flaking decking stain from my decking, then sand the weathered look out of it,

This time I will not be staining it, it will be treated, like it used to be, I’ve looked after my deck and I love it, the wood hand rail is the next job attached to the decking ,it’s a nice feature ,at this moment it’s covered in green mould.

Being single can make you extremely independent!
Impressive work, Pauline! It is amazing what a little determination, trial-and-error, and youtube videos can do these days!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
'A woman, a dog, a wallnut tree. The more you beat them, the better they be'. Attributed to Aesop it's got a great deal of truth in it (not too sure about walnut trees).
Over the last hundred years women especially English and American have been allowed to get too much power and influence. The place for women is as homemakers and homekeepers looking after the kids and their husbands.
Well that depends on the woman!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 05:48 PM

The idea of 'sameness' suggests that two or more people (or things) are identical, while equality addresses the fact that two or more people (or things) are identical in quantity, size, degree, or value. In the case of gender equality, we are talking about men and women being identical in value. Yet, it is fair to say that men and women are not the same, identical. We certainly are not physically the same. We are not emotionally the same and many other areas. We are different, but we are equal in value. I think that’s what Swimmy was trying to say?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hi

With an attitude like that you would have lasted minutes in Enforcement.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well that depends on the woman!
No. It's genetic.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top