Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:26 PM

Re: Homesick

One a lovely photograph SM
When are you going home...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:38 PM

It’s certainly a beautiful image!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:24 PM

It’s great to visit family. Enjoy your time Surfermom
Lovely picture!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:53 PM

Hope your Mum is okay and you can go home soon Surfermom.....Would she consider coming home with you?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It’s great to visit family. Enjoy your time Surfermom
Lovely picture!
It is a rare treat! Thank you!

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hope your Mum is okay and you can go home soon Surfermom.....Would she consider coming home with you?
She is doing quite well for her age though we are seemingly ever putting out fires. Thank you for asking, OGF. She is stubbornly and happily resolved to stay in the part of her world, which I understand.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
One a lovely photograph SM
When are you going home...
Thank you, hopefully in a week!

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
It’s certainly a beautiful image!
Most kind! I will pass that compliment along to my son .
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 10:09 PM

I'm sure your kids will have fondness of their home

I wouldn't want to go back to where I spent most of my life,there's no people there for me now, only ghosts.It would be too sad.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 11:06 PM

I'm envious of your photo Surfermom, I would love to live somewhere like that.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 11:45 PM

As stunning as your backyard is Surfermom..
the only place anyone can call home at any particular moment in their life, is where the heart is.
Yours is with your mum right now.
We all hanker after a particular view or place in our life but most of us can revisit those places in the future
What we can't do in future is revisit the time we didn't spend with our loved ones x
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 04:40 AM

What a sunset no wonder you miss it...but guess what it sets everyday and it will set again just for you when you get back
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I'm sure your kids will have fondness of their home

I wouldn't want to go back to where I spent most of my life,there's no people there for me now, only ghosts.It would be too sad.
That is a nice sentiment, Psmith. I hadn't really thought that one day my kids will look back and miss their adventures here. I am like you in feeling sentimental about places I used to live.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm envious of your photo Surfermom, I would love to live somewhere like that.
Meg, I work hard at not taking it for granted. Maybe it will make you feel better to know that there are mosquitos, biting flies, poisonous snakes....

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
As stunning as your backyard is Surfermom..
the only place anyone can call home at any particular moment in their life, is where the heart is.
Yours is with your mum right now.
We all hanker after a particular view or place in our life but most of us can revisit those places in the future
What we can't do in future is revisit the time we didn't spend with our loved ones x
You are so, right, Rhian! That is why I make this trek for at least a week every month of the year; I know this time with my mom is priceless, prescious, and fleeting. I drive my kids nuts by ever confusing them by referring to my mom's house as "home". They keep saying that's not home! This is!

Originally Posted by summer ->
What a sunset no wonder you miss it...but guess what it sets everyday and it will set again just for you when you get back
Yes, indeed! Fortunately, the sun and I worked out that deal a long time ago . I hope you are enjoying your new home too much to miss the old one!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top