Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 01:41 AM

She ? He ? Huh ?

On this evenings news, there was a story about the first transgender athlete to compete in this years Olympics.
The story goes: "SHE" has made the weight lifting team.
Until recently "SHE" was a "HE". That means that the former man will now compete against females in weight lifting. The video of "SHE" shows someone who has the body of a very husky male.
I think the world has gone crazy. Or, perhaps I have lived too long. Somehow it just doesn't seem fair to me that "SHE" will be allowed to compete against females.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	transgenderolympics.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	15453  
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:17 AM

Re: She ? He ? Huh ?

I'm not very pleased to hear our trans weightlifter Laurel Hubbard, has been approved by the Olympic committee, under their weird rule about testosterone levels. Surely physical is determined during growing, puberty and youth, not by testosterone levels years later.
https://www.skysports.com/olympics/n...-at-tokyo-2020
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:31 AM

But it's only about someone who can lift something heavier than someone else.Does it matter ?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
But it's only about someone who can lift something heavier than someone else.Does it matter ?
Of course it matters. That's why there are gender classifications in athletics. I don't care what anyone says, simply cutting off a man's "equipment", does not make him a woman. Add cosmetic surgery to create boobs, and he is STILL a HE.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Of course it matters. That's why there are gender classifications in athletics. I don't care what anyone says, simply cutting off a man's "equipment", does not make him a woman. Add cosmetic surgery to create boobs, and he is STILL a HE.
Spot on Bakerman, spot on... 👍
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 05:29 AM

What happens from this nonsense is that everyone loses. Sports becomes nothing more than dozens of small groups of people divided up by parameters - height, testosterone levels, leg length, weight, human growth hormone levels....until it becomes so tedious that no one is interested anymore.

Baseball was an extremely popular pastime in this country until a massive strike shut down the season over multimillionaires nitpicking over their salaries. Politics and infighting left the sport a shadow of what it once was and stadiums don't fill up anymore. Games struggle to get television coverage until the World Series in October.

People enjoy sports because it is a diversion from life's stressors - politics, work, the news, social issues - when you drag real life into sports, people start looking elsewhere to escape.

If athletes want to keep pushing envelope of making sports a social laboratory, eventually, it will burst.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 07:20 AM

I would imagine he/she would lose a lot of their masculine strength with all the female hormones they're being given....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Absolutely bang on the nail. If this sort of nonsensical ruling continues and becomes the norm, I can't imagine many biological women having the desire or motivation to compete. What would be the point? They are killing these sports at the altar of transgenderism.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:56 AM

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against trans people, it's just nature's defect, not the fault of the person. But someone who spent years growing as a male who suddenly ceases to be male still has the physical structure he/she has developed while under the influence of testosterone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top