Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 07:52 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Have been summoned to an appointment at the 'Diabetic Eye Clinic' at lunchtime today - no idea what that is all about - and have not been able to contact anyone to ask!

1. I have never been diagnosed as being diabetic - am fairly confident that I am not!

Have a fun day.
It sounds precautionary, Tabby. Mr P has to go for these eye clinics because one time his bloods showed higher results than usual. Not diagnosed as diabetic, but more likely to do with the fact he had a snack on the way to the surgery! Its routine, and its likely you may be asked to return after a few months just to double check your bloods are remaining stable.

Good morning everyone. Weeding is on the agenda today, and it looks like it might be a nice day for it, so I'm not complaining. Have a lovely day
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:23 AM

A very good morning to you all and isn't it busy in here for this time of the morning?

I've another "bitza" day ahead of me; bits of this and bits of that, maybe with some of those bits in the garden if it stays dry.

Have a fruitful day everybody.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:28 AM

Morning all, I keep forgetting to say good morning to you all, must have missed several days.

The sun is shining in a clear blue sky, lovely after the dull rainy weather we've had this week. It's a dog day today, by which I mean we have our daughter's dog while she's at work. Dear old girl she is (the dog, not the daughter )

Tabby, that is a bit odd about your eye test. You must come back on and let us know what it's all about. My guess is they've contacted the wrong person. My daughter had a phone call the other day from the hospital, and they said "is this (6 year old granddaughter's name)?" "Er no, it's her mother", she said. They then proceeded to explain they'd had a referral for her child at the eye clinic. My daughter told them there'd been no such request from her GP and in fact she hadn't consulted her GP about her daughter's eyes since she was about 9 months old!

Have a good day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:03 AM

Good morning everyone a lovely sunny start but cold.

Another bad night, it is 3 weeks since my vaccination so hoping to start my new medication now it is safer to go to hospital if things go wrong.

Waitrose are due so that is the morning taken care of and I want to clean the windows and sort the front garden.
Enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:09 AM

Good morning all a beautiful sunny day, no rain forecast for us.

Visiting our daughter today to take some shopping to her and to plant some geraniums in her tubs.

Enjoy your day
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good morning all a beautiful sunny day, no rain forecast for us.

Visiting our daughter today to take some shopping to her and to plant some geraniums in her tubs.

Enjoy your day
Mags what a nice idea, I am sure your daughter will appreciate that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:46 AM

Morning all, today is a bit easier for me thank god !

Phew what a week I've had, lots of deadlines and craziness but only about 8 hours to go and I can put my feet up and switch off my laptops.

My guinea pigs are in the garden its such a lovely day, and Friday is fish and chips day so I'll be over to "Oh My Cod' in the high street for my weekly takeaway which I get to eat on my own (Mrs Bread is on a diet) without constant commentary regarding my arteries and waistline

Neighbours are out this afternoon too so I'll crank up my guitars and have a blast. Today I think I'll used the 1969 Plexi SLP ... with erm.. oh yes, the Gibson Les Paul for some Aerosmith riffage and a bit of ZZ Top thrown in for good measure...

I might even get an hours fishing down at the beach hut tomorrow - we just had it painted and it looks really cool.

Have a great day !

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Hut.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	15454  
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:59 AM

Love your beach hut Bread! Now that would be a good plaice (get it?) to eat your fish n chips in peace every week
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Love your beach hut Bread! Now that would be a good plaice (get it?) to eat your fish n chips in peace every week
Ha ha yeah exactly

I usually cook a big spaghetti bolognese or a chilli and we take it down the beach hut and eat it watching the tide coming in. Its very quiet where we are and there aren't many people about.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	hut2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	15456  

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top