Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:44 PM

'Christmas' removed...

We were shopping in T***os earlier today, and I noticed that the word' Christmas' wasn't mentioned on several of their own brand products...e.g. What was obviously a Christmas cake,
(circular and complete with icing) was described as " Rich fruit cake"...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:46 PM

Re: 'Christmas' removed...

Perhaps they think it might offend! Getting ridiculous now!
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Perhaps they think it might offend! Getting ridiculous now!
Hi TessA , Yes, I was wondering if that was the reason...I don't recall seeing it previously.

Regards, Malc.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:01 AM

We need to stand up for our traditions! I'm not usually patriotic but it's starting to get to me.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:54 AM

I am an atheist (or humanist: or secularist; or whatever sort of finer point - ist we wish to settle on).

But I would be disappointed and annoyed if a harmless enough British tradition was bullied into disappearing thanks to the PC brigade
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I am an atheist (or humanist: or secularist; or whatever sort of finer point - ist we wish to settle on).

But I would be disappointed and annoyed if a harmless enough British tradition was bullied into disappearing thanks to the PC brigade
Couldnt agree more.

Christmas is a lovely winter celebration regardless of the reason for celebrating it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 06:54 AM

Must be old stock then Malc, because you can bet your life that that "rich fruit cake" will be renamed Christmas cake before the week is out...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 07:35 AM

I cant say ive noticed but now youve mentioned it I shall be looking out for various xmas things now..I shall still always celebrate christmas how I want to regardless.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:38 AM

Yes the PC Brigade are to blame for a lot these days.
There would be an awful lot of disappointment in my family if on Christmas Day we didn't celebrate it like true Christians and the funny thing is that my boy his good wife and 4 of my grandkids are Muslim. They love to visit Oxford Street every Christmas to see all the lights. Last year we had Christmas dinner at their home and her mum/sister and brother were invited an we had a great day. Admitted the meat was Halal but hey there is no difference in flavour and taste so who gives a dam.
So when I read all these made up stories about changing our Christmas festivities because of another religion I just laugh. Media hype most of it anything to fill in a page of their seedy papers.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I cant say ive noticed but now youve mentioned it I shall be looking out for various xmas things now..I shall still always celebrate christmas how I want to regardless.
And that is the way it should be Aysa after all this is a free country still last time I checked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top