Join for free
Tonich
New Member!
Glasgow
Tonich is male 

21-01-2020, 10:05 PM

Sapiens

Hi
I have just finished Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari. It is one of those books that completely plays with your head.
I loved it. Has anyone else read it?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 11:11 PM

Re: Sapiens

Haven't read it but I've read some reviews. Extremely mixed. Some liked it, some slammed it. I always want to read books that get that. Usually means they are controversial at least. Wouldn't mind having a look. Thanks for the tip
Tonich
New Member!
Glasgow
Tonich is male 

21-01-2020, 11:44 PM

You're welcome
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 😁
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 06:32 AM

Coincidentally, I downloaded this in audiobook format, along with Sixth Extinction and Neil Peart's Roadshow for the drive here to Kansas and back. I'm looking forward to it even more knowing that it inspires thoughtful debate. The latter I have read and though neither a rock start drummer nor a motorcyclist, I thought it a fascinating and entertaining read.

I'll let you know...
Tonich
New Member!
Glasgow
Tonich is male 

22-01-2020, 07:28 PM

Enjoy your road trip. I'll need to check out Sixth Extinction
swabk
New Member!
United States
swabk is female 

11-03-2021, 04:17 AM

I, too, loved Sapiens. Such a clear and concise history of the human race. Have you read the sequel, Homo Deus?

Also plan to look at The Sixth Extinction.

Really nice to see some folks here who are willing to look at science and not afraid to see the big picture.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top