Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 04:01 PM

Re: Devolved English Parliament

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Me too Meg. I put it on pause, go and make a cup of tea and then fast forward so I don't have to listen to the old windbag sounding like a broken record. I don't know why he doesn't just make a recording of himself as it's always the same old rubbish that comes out.
I'm surprised he's permitted to waste their time in asking the same question over and over again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I was reading yesterday that in the Good Friday Agreement, if unification between the two ever comes to the fore, both sides would have to vote on it.

The same should apply to Scotland and England if ever Scotland has the opportunity for Indiref2. I believe that would be much fairer as they seem to be so embroiled in English affairs. The SNP are resentful that they are trapped by England, and because of their resentment voiced so many times, many in England feel that we should just let them adrift, but we are never given the opportunity to action the same, even though it affects both.

At least if both were given the opportunity to vote, then that would be the end of the matter.
I agree. I think that the SNP's constant blathering about it has annoyed the English people sufficiently for them to want to see the back of Scotland.

On the other hand, if it is true that the majority of Scots want to remain in the UK, it would be a little unfair on them.

What to do?
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Ian Blackford used to just rant about RBS cash points in the House of Commons. He is useless and boring like most of the single policy SNP.

He also bullied Charles Kennedy about his alcoholism so much that he contributed to his suicide

Blackford is vermin, like Sturgeon, Cherry and the rest of the useless tossers in the SNP
Maybe one day you’ll realise that such hate speak only strengthens our resolve. You, obviously, haven’t a clue about Scottish politics, so spout the slogans (eg single policy) drummed into you by the likes of Dominic Cummings et al. Still... if it makes you happy..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Ian Blackford used to just rant about RBS cash points in the House of Commons. He is useless and boring like most of the single policy SNP.

He also bullied Charles Kennedy about his alcoholism so much that he contributed to his suicide

Blackford is vermin, like Sturgeon, Cherry and the rest of the useless tossers in the SNP
I wondered what had happened to Charles Kennedy - didn't know he had committed suicide. How sad.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I wondered what had happened to Charles Kennedy - didn't know he had committed suicide. How sad.
He didn't.

Charles Kennedy died of a 'major haemorrhage that was a consequence of his battle with alcoholism', the former Liberal Democrat leaders Family said today,The 55yr old was found
dead in His Fort William cottage on Monday.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
He didn't.

Charles Kennedy died of a 'major haemorrhage that was a consequence of his battle with alcoholism', the former Liberal Democrat leaders Family said today,The 55yr old was found
I thought he died not long after the 2015 election.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I thought he died not long after the 2015 election.
He died on the 1st of June 2015...and it's disgusting that lies are being spread on here about Him...a new low for one particular Member!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:23 PM

He died on the 1st of June 2015...and it's disgusting that lies are being spread on here about Him...a new low for one particular Member!
Hi

Get used to it May.

I just respond with facts, which destroy the posts.

I can quite understand you not wanting to be ruled by the Eton Elite.

Just let me continue to fish your rivers.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
He didn't.

Personally I too was unaware Charles Kennedy had died, how and why this was missed I have no idea but I did wonder why not much had been heard about him for some while. Reading up on this I found various information and as with a lot of stories about people these days, it depends on which newspaper report it is taken from. Just a quick search found the links below, one of which from the family, does make it clear the cause of death of Charles Kennedy on 1st June 2015 was not suicide.

This newspaper article, from the family, gives the cause as not being suicide:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...sm-family-says

Accusations of the SNP treatment can be read in this article:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...arles-kennedy/

More information can be found on this link:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...life-1-4776721
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 09:18 PM

May, I hope you don't think I'm being flippant when I say that I think I understand your continuing anger and resentment at your belief that England always treats Scotland as totally unimportant.

Your national feelings are not a hundred miles away from every person that voted Leave in the UK. We too, just as you do by supporting the SNP, have always resented being part of the EU and being lorded over in partnership with the establishment Remainers here in the South of the country.

In fact, we have endured an excruciating 3.1/2 years of bullying, insults, deceit, lies, fearmongering and subterfuge, since the people were given an opportunity to make their wishes known, and the people throughout the Union voted by more than one and a half million people, to leave the EU.

I know I am raking through old coals, but like us again, the people of Scotland were also given the same opportunity with a ''once in a lifetime'' Referendum to decide on Scotland's future. The Scottish people voted to remain within the Union. There was nothing connected to that referendum that stipulated ''except if we leave the EU''

The resentment that seems to always be hurled at supporters of Nicola and her party from South of your border, is that the SNP make it perfectly known that they respect neither of those referendum results. Our referendum to leave, and your own referendum to remain within the Union.

The reason you give for refuting the UK vote to leave is that Scotland as a whole voted to remain.
Sorry May, but so did a lot of other Postcodes within the Union of which the Scottish people had already voted to remain in. Not once was this ever treated as a separate four referendums for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, The whole of the Union took part in the one referendum and the majority won.

But as I say, I do understand how you must feel wanting with all of your heart to have full independence. The problem is that you have so much going against you. The people of Scotland know this is not what THEY want. Scotland's economy is too fragile, and to be honest, how would you deal with your desire for complete freedom of movement when we are removing it? Would you pay for the infrastructure required to deal with that alone? Would you see the rest of us within the Union demanding billions of pounds from Scotland as the one leaving, just as the EU have demanded of us because we are leaving?
Honestly, the mind boggles when one thinks of the enormous cost to Scotland if you ever chose to leave. That doesn't include the many firms that would choose to leave Scotland if you ever did get a majority vote to leave.

May, I'm truly sorry if there is steam coming out of your ears by the time you are reading this final bit of the post. I promise you I haven't typed this up to antagonize you. I genuinely am just trying to get my head around fathoming out why you as a supporter of Independence for Scotland, as well as all other SNP supporters, choose to ignore the results of both referendums by first the people of Scotland, and also the people of the Union?
The mantra that Ian Blackford keeps singing in the HOC about Scotland never voting to leave the EU sounds so hollow it’s embarrassing to watch him. I get the feeling it is more a case of SNP supporter’s hearts ruling their heads. Am I right?

I would dearly love to know your thoughts on it May, as you do respond to anyone giving you jip over independence, but I have never heard your personal view over it.

Anyway, Best wishes to you May from she with the tin helmet on decorated with flowers.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top