Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 12:37 AM

Re: Do we have any forum addicts here?

Originally Posted by Azz ->
If so I need your help!

As some of you will know, I admin a number of sites. One of the oldest (and biggest) is Dogsey, and it has just had a nip and tuck. Many of the things we have learned on Dogsey (occasionally the hard way) have been put to good use here on Over 50s For example, the 'minimal intervention' moderating philosophy that we have here is because we found that it was near impossible to police rude or insulting posts/members without inadvertently curtailing freedom of speech and expression (or at least that's how it was perceived).

The overly complex rules that built up over several years left many members wondering what they could or couldn't say, which resulted in fewer and fewer people taking part in discussions, particularly controversial or emotive ones (like the heated ones we get here at times )

So I'd really appreciate your help for two reasons:

- Firstly, to help demonstrate that it's ok to debate things on Dogsey like we do on here. I encourage you to sign up on Dogsey and post discussions and debates as you normally would do here (in its new dedicated Off-topic Forum if you don't have or are not interested in dogs) and/or by participating in discussions that others have posted. In short, just be yourself!

- And secondly, for you to take a look at how we have set things up there and see which bits (if any) would be good to have here (such as photo uploads, news homepage, articles, thread categories, the 'Respect' point system that is tied to features, and so on. Dogsey is using the same software that we use here, so we could potentially add many of its new features on Over 50s.

If you fancy giving this a go, I'd appreciate any feedback (feel free to leave it here or there) and feel free to say Azz invited you over to take a look at the new look Dogsey if you feel like it

As I said, you'd be doing me a big favour, but if you need an incentive, read on because I'm happy to give you one!

We are running a new posting competition on Dogsey so I think it's only fair that I extend it to you too! If you manage to make 500 posts on Dogsey over the course of a year, I will give you a free 12 month Silver Supporter subscription here on Over 50s Forum. Make 1000 posts and you get a Gold Supporter subscription. Make a 1500 and you can have a Diamond or Platinum one (If you are already a member there, let me know so that we can make a note of your post count before you start.) For full details see the announcement there. The only thing that differs is that your Supporting Subscription would be for Over 50s Forum rather than Dogsey.

I hope we have some forum addicts here who are willing to give this a go. As I said, you'd be doing me a huge favour.

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you there
Does it work for Catsey members too?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Does it work for Catsey members too?
Unfortunately not, just Dogsey at present. We have an 'Other pets and Animals' section though for allayer kitty talk
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 02:07 AM

I can't remember if I'm a member of Catsey or not, I've an idea I might have been some time ago
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 12:15 AM

Hi Azz

Tell you what I have noticed you can do over there ... but not here.
Upload attachments direct from your computer if you want to include a picture in your post.

For people who don't have a third party online photo storage place it can be a godsend.

You can smack me now for been a pain.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hi Azz

Tell you what I have noticed you can do over there ... but not here.
Upload attachments direct from your computer if you want to include a picture in your post.

For people who don't have a third party online photo storage place it can be a godsend.

You can smack me now for been a pain.
You should be able to already - when posting, click on 'manage attachments' towards the bottom
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You should be able to already - when posting, click on 'manage attachments' towards the bottom
Can't see any 'manage attachments' Azz anywhere

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Nope. I don't have that either. I would love to be able to post directly from the iPad, for instance.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

14-12-2015, 09:45 PM

It is only available on Dogsey right now.. we might introduce it here later

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top