Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 08:49 PM

Re: Body lotion

Exactly Mups - each to their own!
Fit as a fiddle and looking and feeling great, thank you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
Exactly Mups - each to their own!
Fit as a fiddle and looking and feeling great, thank you

Good for you.
I hope you always are, too.

We each need to do with whatever sits comfortably with us, and I avoid some chemicals if I have a choice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:19 PM

Clarins Eau Ressourcante Body Cream .

Only the best for me.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Zuleiker, all my stuff - body moisturizer, face creams, shampoo & conditioner, shower gells, even lip balm, I buy from people called 'Handmade Naturals.'
I've used there products almost since they started and wouldn't use anything else - except an occasional Neale's Yard thing for a change.

Some of H.M. Naturals things you can choose to have 'Unscented' too, but even the scented things are only essential oils and such, no horrid sickly chemical smells.

Have a read of her website and it explains it better .,than I'm doing.

https://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/

P.S. They mail order really quick too. I always get my order within about 2 days of putting the order in.
Thankyou Mups ,I'll have a look through that .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:45 PM

Very interesting re ingredients, Mups.

Can you tell me which are the very bad ingredients in this lot, please?

Aqua, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Methylpropanediol, Octocrylene, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Parfum
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Clarins Eau Ressourcante Body Cream .

Only the best for me.

Ah, but dongle dear, it contains PEG 12 which I would rather avoid.

Quote:
PEG 12 Dimethicone is not considered to be an irritant or sensitizer, and is CIR and FDA approved for use, but not on broken skin. Safety Measures/Side Effects: The Cosmetics Database finds PEG 12 Dimethicone to be a moderate hazard (depending on usage) and notes contamination and toxicity concerns.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-06-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Aqua, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Methylpropanediol, Octocrylene, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Parfum

About the only one I can see that could be a bit 'iffy' Mags, is the Benzyl Alcohol.

See here:

Bad alcohols are methanol, isopropyl alcohol, propanol, benzyl alcohol, and sd alcohol (alcohol denat.) to name a few. They can be extremely drying and irritating to skin, but also may even cause inflammation because they strip the skin off of its natural protection.

Nothing else looks much to worry about in my opinion.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Ah, but dongle dear, it contains PEG 12 which I would rather avoid.

Quote:
PEG 12 Dimethicone is not considered to be an irritant or sensitizer, and is CIR and FDA approved for use, but not on broken skin. Safety Measures/Side Effects: The Cosmetics Database finds PEG 12 Dimethicone to be a moderate hazard (depending on usage) and notes contamination and toxicity concerns.
Both of these contain silicones which aren’t necessarily good for the skin or hair. There’s controversial research done of them considering silicones are basically plastic.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-06-2019, 11:35 PM

There is an interesting (and frightening) page to read here for those who may be interested. It is about the ingredients of most high street cosmetics and skin care products.

I can't type the whole page, so will just put the link up.
At the bottom of the page there is also a video to watch, which explains some scary results!

https://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/h...ngredients.php
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:35 PM

About the only one I can see that could be a bit 'offy' Mags, is the Benzyl Alcohol.

See here:

Bad alcohols are methanol, isopropyl alcohol, propanol, benzyl alcohol, and sd alcohol (alcohol denat.) to name a few. They can be extremely drying and irritating to skin, but also may even cause inflammation because they strip the skin off of its natural protection.

Nothing else looks much to worry about in my opinion.
Thanks Mups, that's a relief as I've been using this one for years

https://www.nivea.co.uk/shop/Daily%2...726630045.html

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top