mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

05-04-2013, 09:57 AM

Re: Till Death Do Us Part?

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Willow thats not love thats duty .....

To me love is .....
When the person walks into your room a little spark starts from your stomach that makes you want to walk over and give them a big hug. Your brain dosnt tell you to do it....
spot on nonbaggage - but is that world spark or planet spark
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I think you are right. I am quite happy with my version of that much used and abused word. I don't do lovey dovey or romance, just not me at all. However my husband and kids can count on me to do my bit and be there for them.
Love means doing that even if they do something that destoys your like for them. You carry on loving them despite everything.

We are not a lovey dovey romantic couple either but I still go a bit weak at the knees when I see him and I know he loves me too. I think cherished is a word I would use for us we cherish each other.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Willow thats not love thats duty .....

To me love is .....
When the person walks into your room a little spark starts from your stomach that makes you want to walk over and give them a big hug. Your brain dosnt tell you to do it....
Doing my duty as you call it is what I count as love. Your version would turn my stomach over , but each to their own.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-04-2013, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Love means doing that even if they do something that destoys your like for them. You carry on loving them despite everything.

We are not a lovey dovey romantic couple either but I still go a bit weak at the knees when I see him and I know he loves me too. I think cherished is a word I would use for us we cherish each other.
I couldn't love someone I didn't like. But as in the case of my mother I, along with my sisters, ensured she lacked for nothing, even though murder was usually in my mind when in her company.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 11:39 AM

I can respect a person I dislike but I could never like, let alone love someone for whom I had no respect.
I love my husband but am not 'in love' with him, I also respect him even tho' he's now frail and a shadow of his former self,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 12:18 PM

For me it depends what sort of love we are talking about I doubt without respect I could love my husband but I didn't need to respect my parents to still love them. Haven't tested that on my nephews and niece etc yet as I have never not loved or respected them. They are generally good kids/young adults.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-04-2013, 03:39 PM

I am still not sure what others on this forum mean by 'love' as they haven't defined it well, probably because it means something different to each one of us. It is possibly more accurate to say 'love' is not easy to define, or is indefinable. What is a little irritating are those who think their version of 'love' is where it is at, and look down on those of us who don't happen to share that view.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 03:43 PM

I am still not sure what others on this forum mean by 'love' as they haven't defined it well, probably because it means something different to each one of us. It is possibly more accurate to say 'love' is not easy to define, or is indefinable. What is a little irritating are those who think their version of 'love' is where it is at, and look down on those of us who don't happen to share that view.
You make a good point Willow.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Cherish is a great word Julie....
'Cherish is the word I choose to describe -
All the feelings that I have for you deep inside....'
From a song on an LP I have...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-04-2013, 03:50 PM

Describing feelings is like trying to describe a colour to a blind person. That's why we can't describe it well IMO

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top