Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 08:27 AM

Shivering Monday

Good Morning everyone, I trust you slept well and now have batteries that are fully charged.

It is still cold here as you can see.

A quiet restful day is on the cards for today but I suspect that Dylan will want more walks than usual, he appears to be looking for two other dogs. lol

It is very treacherous underfoot this morning, the snow is frozen solid on top of ice, even my clampons kept slipping on it.

Have a wonderful day and whatever you do think Safety first is most important.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 09:18 AM

Re: Shivering Monday

It is freezing here and even the river, the otherside of the garden wall, seems to be iced over in parts. I have not known that happen before in the 15 years we have lived in this part of North Wales!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 09:19 AM

Good Morning AB and Everyone. Hope you all stay safe today - by the sound of the weather forecast, everyone in UK is suffering bad snow!

Love those gifs AB - brought a smile to my face! Hope you don't lose your footing when out with Dylon - bet he loves the snow! I took Loki out yesterday afternoon and she forgot I was attached to the other end of her lead - she tried to take off!!

Take care all and stay safe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Good morning all though 'good ' is not really the word I would use , it's too cold for my liking .

Keep safe out on the ice everyone...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 11:45 AM

Good Morning All! It's good to see you back Dancingsky. I just cancelled my membership with Facebook over clashes with friends, relatives and strangers. I don't need silly conflict in my life any more.

We've actually seen a couple of days with sunshine here but today the weather guys/gals are predicting snow flurries and rain this morning. It's 38F outside and the wind is up. It is the end of December so all this is normal for the West Coast. There's no ice or snow in the valley yet this Winter.

I had my hair cut, a pedicure and I actually shaved yesterday for the first time in a month. I had some wild notion to grow a beard and got to the point that it took an electric razor trimmer to mow it down to where a razor would cout it off. Very uncomfortable & bloody.

I've posted a couple of nice portraits I took at the nail salon yesterday in the photography section. The girls were amazed that I could take photos while having my nails cut and have them turn out like frameable photographs. It was all in good clean fun.

My only plans for today include a trip to the UPS store to return an item for a refund. It's a $400 camera goodie that I sadly discovered won't work with my camera equipment. I'm fortunate that the vendor has a great return policy.

Have a safe day and stay off those icy, snowy sidewalks if you can.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 02:18 PM

Snowing here again - and I was meant to go shopping!! Flippin snow, wish it would bog off
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 03:36 PM

I managed to get the car out so I went to the supermarket and stocked up. We have enough supplies to last us for about a fortnight if necessary. We are supposed to spend Christmas with our eldest girl who lives about 6 miles from here, hopefully we can get out again on Christmas Eve, otherwise it won't be too festive. She has all the Christmas food and I took the pressies over the other week!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Your weather is so awful I feel almost guilty complaining about the unending below normal cold: minus 2, (29 F), wind chill minus 6, and no sun to help things warm up a bit. Snow for tomorrow has been cancelled, still on for Christmas eve however. It could be worse. last year on this date we had 13" in the first blizzard... The pics on TV of the mess at Heathrow ... appalling!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 11:04 PM

Another day where I still can't get anywhere-the snow in my street is just churned up with cars/vans trying to get up the slope and then sliding down again! Just pottered about, and there is only so much 'pottering' one can do! Maybe tomorrow I might be able to make it to the recreation ground with the Hatti girl just to stretch her legs, but I'm not holding my breath!

Don't feel guilty Dandysmom, that is pretty cold where you are as well, and yes, you're right the mess at Heathrow is appalling. Many will be spending yet another night on the floor of the airport, cold and hungry, no communication and with no end in sight. Just heard on the news that cancellations and delays are going to last till at least Christmas Day! Should have closed the airport much earlier in my opinion, and saved some of the heartache these people must be going through........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top