Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 08:40 AM

Longest Tuesday

Good Morning everyone

It is a very cold morning here with the temperature dow tp -8°C at the moment. No birds are around so I am watching the eclipse of the moon on my own.
Need food to warm me up so feel free to share this with me

No plans for today so Dylan may get longer walk, he gets a couple of hours walk around 11:00am so maybe we will walk around all of the farmers fields and check his sheep.

Have a wonderful day everyone and enjoy the longest day of the year.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 09:13 AM

Re: Longest Tuesday

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope your day will be a good one and safe as well.

Hope you enjoy your walk with Dylan, AB. I'll be taking Loki out in a wee while but have been taking her shorter walks but lots of them - the ground is awful to walk on.

It is very foggy up here - can't even see the buildings on the other side of the drives!

Stay safe all and take care.

Love the gifs as always, AB
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 09:44 AM

I haven't been out yet but I think it might be slightly warmer as it was overcast last night. If it is anything higher than -10+ it will be seem postively tropical!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 12:28 PM

Just back in after taking Loki a walk - it is minus 7 and very foggy here. Pavements are dreadful, so walked out council grassed areas, good job they are very wide!! Loki enjoyed it though, even if I didn't!!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 02:12 PM

Good morning all! It's senior Tuesday so I'll be off to McDonald's for coffee & breakfast in 2 more hours. I've been up for an hour thanks to a wake up cramp in my not so favorite left calf. I woke up screaming a few years ago to a cramp so severe it tore ligaments and blood vessels in that leg. It was a long recovery in physical therapy with that injury. The doctor claimed side effects from my meds causes them. When I sense any indication of a cramp coming on I bolt out of bed and try and keep it from a severe lock up. It's a hell of a way to wake up from a sound sleep.

Christmas Eve is just 3 days away and I'm excited. I'll be going to the home of my dear friends as I have since moving to Oregon 4 years ago. They are the parents of my best bud, Warren. He's 30 years old and such a good friend. I have no idea why we hit it off but I'm eternally grateful for his friendship. Have a great day all & stay warm & safe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Not quite as cold here but we still have a snowy looking sky.

Had to do a bit of shopping in Sainsbury's this morning and the store was heaving with people almost in panic mode by the way they were filling their trolleys!

Hope everyone is warm and safe....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 05:49 PM

Morning still here, but afternoon, people. Bright sun, but unrelenting cold continues: minus 1 (30 F), wind chill minus 8! Have only been out to rescue the paper, far too cold to stand on the corner shivering waiting for the bus. Grocery order coming Thursday; have renewed library books on line so can skip going there till the weather gets a bit better. My Christmas present to myself, the Kindle, came yesterday; now trying to figure out how to use it ... not quite as simple as the "ready to use out of the box" statement; why are all these electronic things so wretchedly complicated?

Stay warm and dry!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 10:51 PM

Few household jobs, then managed to get to recreation ground for a walk round. After dinner my friend came round and we spent couple of hours chatting and drinking tea....very relaxing afternoon.

Now the snow plough has been up the street, might get the car out and tackle the supermarket-just need bread for freezer and fresh veg. After that what I haven't got I'll do without-no intention of going anywhere near a shop until after Christmas............

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top