Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
GoldenYears
Japan
GoldenYears is male  GoldenYears has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 01:09 AM

Re: Loss of appetite with age.

My appetite is much the same. But, my tastes have changed with age. Now I like less spicy food. I tend to eat more healthly and am more careful about what I eat. Can't remember when I last had a Big Mac or a fry-up.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 01:19 AM

to be honest i have not really noticed any change in my appetite, i have always tried to eat a balanced diet.

I love my food but try my best to not over indulge
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 01:28 AM

I never eat from fast food outlets like burger joints these days as they are saturated in fats.

I do occasionally have an Indian or Chinese meal as has been mentioned in the Food & Drink section, but those are rare, and it's not because they aren't healthy; it's just that I can't always afford them, but spicy food is extremely healthy as long as it isn't over-done.

I will occasionally buy a pizza. I will occasionally buy freshly made beef burgers from the butcher but, like I said, I never eat a lot of the same thing. I enjoy some nice chips occasionally.

The only things I fry are eggs, and that's probably once in a blue moon, and everything else is grilled or poached.

I do use a lot of spices when cooking for myself, and I will never run out of garlic because I like to keep the vampires at bay in this neck of the woods!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo ->
Hi Joe.......re Grapefruit.....I am on Simvastatin and therefore must NOT eat Grapefruit or Grapefruit juice.

Back to Topic......I used to have a very BIG appetite but as I got older I havent the same appetite......No longer have the big English Breakfasts.....Cereal or toast is enough. I can still eat a big tea/dinner if someone cooked it for me
To be quite honest I am sick to death cooking for 2 day in day out.
Age.....I bet I am the oldest on here.
Jimbo matey, I didn't think Simvastatin was affected by Grapefruit, although I know Warfarin is, likewise and for the same reason I'm not allowed Cranberries or Broccoli.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Jimbo matey, I didn't think Simvastatin was affected by Grapefruit, although I know Warfarin is, likewise and for the same reason I'm not allowed Cranberries or Broccoli.
Yes, grapefruit should be avoided when taking Simvastatin...

http://drugs.emedtv.com/simvastatin/...rapefruit.html
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Had coffee with a friend this morning and we were discussing this. She hadn't much appetite at all but recently had some tests done and the doc found that her thyroid is low. She started on meds for that and suddenly her appetite is back and she's feeling better overall.

Mine was normal last time I had blood work done so that's not it. Maybe MS depresses the appetite? Don't know. I saw the neurologist this week and he prescribed something to help with fatigue but when I went to pick it up the price stopped me dead in my tracks and I told them I'd have to leave it for now. I don't have a drug plan to cover costs so once I save up for a month's worth I'll buy the pills and see if it helps.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:37 PM

I am on warfrin to sucks you cant have certan foods

I am always looking what time it is when its time to eat
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
I am on warfrin to sucks you cant have certan foods

I am always looking what time it is when its time to eat
Ann darlin' - have been told by Doctors to avoid just three items in my diet - Broccoli, Cranberry and Grapefruit and not to drink too much alcohol. Apart from that can eat and drink whatever else I want and whatever quantities.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 11:53 AM

well its affected my blood levals now just having lettice evey day bloods been ok for 2 months now
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

05-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
well its affected my blood levals now just having lettice evey day bloods been ok for 2 months now
Ann darlin' - you're not a rabbit - eating only lettuce everyday can't be good for you as there's little nutrition in lettuce leaves.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top