Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
viking vic
west yorkshire
viking vic is male  viking vic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 02:37 PM

Heart pills

HELLO My doctor has prescribed ISOSORBIDE MONONITRATE 60mg tablets for my heart added to NITROLINGUAL pump spray for my heart condition. Will i have to take these tablets the rest of my life now and what do these tablets do
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 03:17 PM

Re: Heart pills

Hi Vic, it's always a good idea to read the leaflet that comes with the tablets.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 03:32 PM

Hi Vic, do as I do, look up the name of the tablet online ....
You will gather the info you want ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 03:33 PM

If you' re not sure ask your GP or pharmacist.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by viking vic ->
HELLO My doctor has prescribed ISOSORBIDE MONONITRATE 60mg tablets for my heart added to NITROLINGUAL pump spray for my heart condition. Will i have to take these tablets the rest of my life now and what do these tablets do
Hi Vic if you are unsure of anything or want more details about your medication I would go back and chat to your doctor. Sometimes it helps to write down what you wish to ask.
Also The British Heart Foundation have a helpline where you can talk to a cardiac nurse.
http://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/h...-helpline.aspx
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by viking vic ->
Didn't your doctor explain?..

Both of these drugs are usualy prescribed for the prevention and relief of angina attacks.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 05:32 PM

hi vic...i've been taking 20mg isisorbide for years i was told they relax your arteries...i have angina...the spray is also for angina...if you feel chest pain...spray it under your tongue....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Didn't your doctor explain?..

Both of these drugs are usualy prescribed for the prevention and relief of angina attacks.
Doctors are not there to 'explain' it seems Pats - but to prescribe ...... I have to drag information from my doctor ...
viking vic
west yorkshire
viking vic is male  viking vic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 06:39 PM

thanks to everybody for your reply's i will look on line like you said meg to see what i can find out
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Doctors are not there to 'explain' it seems Pats - but to prescribe ...... I have to drag information from my doctor ...
Doctors are not just there to prescribe Pats CG.

And patients should ask what they are being given and why.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top