Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Re: Pain Pens

I thought acupuncture needles were placed in certain parts of the body, not necessarily where the pain is, so how would you know where to zap? Do they give you a chart?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:24 PM

Before anyone rushes out to buy one of these, the instructions do list some warnings. Do not use if:

You have a pacemaker.

On the Carotid sinus nerves or pharyngeal muscles.

Over the heart or directly over metal implants.

Whilst driving.

In or around your eyes.

During pregnancy.

On wet skin or damp surrounds.

Close to oxygen or inflammable liquids.

If you suffer from Epilepsy.

On open wounds.

Useage instructions are briefly -

Place the PainGone on the point of pain or acupuncture point and click the button 30 - 40 times, this should only take about 1 minute.

A small electrical impulse may be felt with each click, this activates the body's natural pain relief process.

You can treat larger areas by moving the device along the line of pain as you click. PainGone is also effective through light clothing.

Treat additional areas by repeating the previous steps. Use pain gone as often as you require throughout your day to stay pain free.

I will get practicing on my arm and see what happens.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:46 PM

Sounds to me that it might work best on muscle pain.

How about headaches?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sounds to me that it might work best on muscle pain.

How about headaches?

Don't think it would be a good idea to send electrical impulses through your head/brain somehow JBR.

If you want to know more you can email:

info @medi-direct.co.uk

and enquire about that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't think it would be a good idea to send electrical impulses through your head/brain somehow JBR.

If you want to know more you can email:

info @medi-direct.co.uk

and enquire about that.
Thanks for the link, Mups.

I suppose it would depend on the cause of the headache. Some can be caused by muscle stress.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-04-2016, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks for the link, Mups.

I suppose it would depend on the cause of the headache. Some can be caused by muscle stress.

That was the e.mail enquiry address, but the website on the leaflet is:

www.paingone.com
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I thought acupuncture needles were placed in certain parts of the body, not necessarily where the pain is, so how would you know where to zap? Do they give you a chart?
Tessa, you do get special charts, I didn't go in to great depth only to tell you how I came by one.
For instance the points for my knee included a oint in my earlobe.
Would I recommend Try one if it works then it has to be worth it for you.
Mups is right they do come with warnings, and they tell you when purchasing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:33 AM

Never heard of them . Wonder if it is for actual direct pain or for a larger general area, and why is it not used for arthritis cures
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-04-2016, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Never heard of them . Wonder if it is for actual direct pain or for a larger general area, and why is it not used for arthritis cures

Can't answer that realspeed, you'd best enquire from the company, as I wouldn't want to tell you wrong.

I tried it several times on a painful arm I have, (think its a muscular prob), and it certainly seemed to make it more comfortable last night. I am going to zap it again this morning.

It doesn't need batteries or anything, because the 'low frequency electrical charge' is produced by crystals somehow.
Depending on how much it is used, they reckon it should last for approximately 2 years, then you have to replace it with a new one.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Not necessarily. One form of acupuncture, or dry needling, just involves stimulating trigger points which are causing the pain. So if you have a muscular pain, zapping it could well help.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top