Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:27 PM

Re: Benidorm suffers HUGE drop in British Tourists.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I suggest you leave your 'Castanets' where they are Longy, this is a fanily forum I hope you know.....Oops, Typo!...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We lived inland and we found the Spanish people really liked the fact that I tried speaking in their language, albeit broken and no way fluent but I got by and I found they respected that.
Naturally. It shows that we've made a bit of an effort, doesn't it? It really doesn't matter how little or how poorly we use their language - and I think it is the same in most civilised countries - our attempts at using their language is looked upon with gratitude.

I'm sure the same applies here too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
After reading how the Spanish Government have insultingly referred to Gibraltar as "A British Colony" in their official veto in the negotiations (and surprise, surprise, backed by the European Commission). I hope this comes back to bite them on their backside!
There is only one way to treat bullies, talk with your feet. Holiday elsewhere, regardless of how beautiful parts of their country are.

I am sick to death of being bullied by EU countries. It would perhaps help if we didn't have such a pathetic, wimp of a government, led by puppets, we badly need someone willing to stand up and tell them in plain English that would resonate with the British public who can only stand and seethe as we are insulted or threatened day after day by tinpot EU countries, just what we think of their disgusting tactics, instead of always trying to placate them for fear of offending them further.

Oh for a Churchillian figure! Where are you Nigel?
Hear hear!

Of course, the n*****s in the woodpile are their politicians - just like our own. I think that most ordinary foreigners are not like that at all.

In fact, if reports are to be believed, many people in Europe are just as annoyed with the EU ruling elite as we are.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-02-2019, 12:44 PM

I think we've been at war with just about everybody over the years JB....And usually beaten them. The Americans were always a problem though...
If we limit ourselves to Europe, I'm trying to list the countries with which we haven't been at war!

Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal (of course, one of our longest allies), Greece, and I'm sure most of East Europe.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:50 PM

I don't think we can take it out on the Spanish people. Between the Media [who I believe deliberately cause trouble] and politicians of both our countries, and, I believe a small minority of protesters, nobody wants to provoke bad feeling between our countries...Aren't we been spoon fed by the media and politicians concerning bad feeling from most, if not all, of the EU members, and them about us, when the average Johnny Foreigner just wants to see what will happen to us. And up to now we have been humiliated big style!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If we limit ourselves to Europe, I'm trying to list the countries with which we haven't been at war!

Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal (of course, one of our longest allies), Greece, and I'm sure most of East Europe.
Them Vikings weren't very nice though JB....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Them Vikings weren't very nice though JB....
Some of us ARE Vikings, as well as Anglo-Saxons, Jutes, Celts, Normans, etc.

It's what made us what we are: the best people in the world.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

As usual he gets it all wrong again and again !!!

Did no one tell you about Dane Gelt ??? - when the Saxon kings here paid a ransome to the Danish not to invade anymore after they destroyed large parts of Eastern and Northern England. We were at war with Austria between 1939 - 1945 following the German annexation of Austria in 1936. We were also at war with Greece in 1945 following the Greek choice to be a Communist country and Churchill sending in British troops to stop the Greeks joining the eastern bloc.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 04:57 PM

Hi

Never been to Benidorm.

Having travelled widely I am at times appalled by the way some of the British behave abroad.

I can quite understand why some have had enough.

I was in Thailand some years ago with Guy when the World Cup was on.

The backpackers haunt in Bangkok.

Everybody sporting their colours and getting hammered on the cheap booze.

A lovely atmosphere, the only ones who kicked off were the shaven headed, tattooed fat English.

The Thai Police dealt with them very quickly and brutally and made an example of them.

Good on them, they do not stand any nonsense at all.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The Thai Police dealt with them very quickly and brutally and made an example of them.

Good on them, they do not stand any nonsense at all.
Can we have some Thai police in this country, please?

Of course, we'd have to have some Thai judiciary too.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top