Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 07:26 AM

Re: Hello from wet, wet, Wales!

Hiwelcome to the forum, your small holding sounds lovely, my sister has similar in Essex. Its very wet and muddy here in hampshire too!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Hello Alison - welcome to the forum.
Fingers crossed for dry weather for the rest of 2009, if only to prevent you getting webbed feet
AlH
New Member!
South Wales
AlH is female 

11-12-2009, 01:32 PM

I don't know about webbed feet, but as my favourite pair of wellies have sprung a leak, trench foot is a distinct possibility. At least the sun is shining today, but I am stuck indoors because my old car's in the garage having a front wheel bearing replaced. That's probably overdue, as if was on the notification slip for the last two MOT tests. However, I went over a few nasty bumps and potholes last week and could both hear and feel a problem, so decided it was time to take action.

Actually, I am rather fond of my old car, although many friends have, over the years, taken it upon themselves to name my vehicles. Usually the names reflect the state of the vehicles, meaning they refer to them as 'the Rust Bucket'; 'the Garden Shed'; 'the Mobile Tip' etc. The current one is known as the 'Merc Truck' - little different from the last one, which they called the Muck Truck'. That all began way back in the 1970s, when I had a wonderful old Wolfhound cross lurcher who was so possessive over the car of the time, that she tore it apart from the inside in an attempt to prevent anyone going anywhere near it. That one was known as the 'Dog Shed', and by the time I finally weighed it in, there was no rear or passenger seat; no door panels; no roof lining; and what dash remained had huge, bite-sized chunks missing out of it and a lot of fang marks! For some reason, she never touched the driving seat.

Oh well, thanks again for all the welcome messages - which you may live to regret. My tea break is now almost over, and I've a heap of coats to finish off making for skinny, rescued greyhounds...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 02:02 PM

Hello Alison and welcome to a great forum.
nanny ogg
New Member!
Berkshire uk
nanny ogg is female 

11-12-2009, 03:48 PM

I have only just joined, my late mother came from Treherbert S-Wales. I love Wales
Oldilocks
New Member!
Wales
Oldilocks is female 

11-12-2009, 04:59 PM

I have just joined too and I am another South Walian!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 05:01 PM

You're very welcome!
You can start your own thread in this section if you like and have the whole world say hello to you; it's lovely
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 07:56 PM

Welcome, Al, to the OFF and I am sure you will enjoy it here!

Take care.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top