Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 07:07 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of...........

..........ebay adverts which flood my screen when I go on the Amazon website ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 07:29 PM

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of...........

adblockerplus it's free to download and stops them straight away. You may need to turn it off to watch some youtube and ITV catch up shows.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 08:18 PM

Rather odd Alan. Are you only getting such adverts when on Amazon? Sounds like you have picked up a browser hyjacking program. When you search for 'stuff' are you shown results from a strange search engine?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Rather odd Alan. Are you only getting such adverts when on Amazon? Sounds like you have picked up a browser hyjacking program. When you search for 'stuff' are you shown results from a strange search engine?
Not that I'm aware of Mark but I'm now having difficulty loading Amazon with my browser, Google Chrome.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Not that I'm aware of Mark but I'm now having difficulty loading Amazon with my browser, Google Chrome.
Nothing mentioned about such difficulties with Google Chrome users so there appears to be something amiss with your setup.

Is that the only browser you use?

You could try a different browser and see what happens. One that I use ...

Firefox
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo...0%28British%29

If you have picked up a nasty it might well be confined to the browsers you have currently installed. Problem being it might well attach itself to any new browser you install - such as Firefox above. Does sound like you have a 'nasty' there though. As I say try the above and you might find Amazon will load OK.

If the above does work it is but a temporary fix. You will need someone to take a look at your system and check it for any virus or malware.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

14-02-2015, 08:40 PM

Amazon UK has changed the design of their website recently. It took a while to load on my own computer and I'm running on fibre broadband. It could well be something to do with that. But that doesn't explain why adverts from Ebay would popup .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

14-02-2015, 11:43 PM

You could try emptying your browser cache but I can't really see that helping.

There is a discussion going on here related to Chrome and Amazon US ...

https://productforums.google.com/for...me/omgEEW0ijjQ

Might be something on the above.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

15-02-2015, 06:41 AM

Thanks again Mark, I've downloaded Firefox and that works OK.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 11:14 PM

It does sound like you have a browser hijacker in Chrome, and I only just today fixed that exact problem for someone else using Chrome. Malwarebytes found about 90 bits and pieces of malware that were the root of the problem.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 11:30 PM

I use Chrome and and don't have any Ebay adds on Amazon..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top