Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:37 PM

Cameras

Can you still buy the old fashioned type cameras and films in shops and do shops still send films away to be developed? I want to take some photos for my uncle who lives quite far away and he doesn't have a computer or mobile phone and I don't have a printer to print photos out so I just want to take photos like we used to without the new technology.

I don't want to use disposable cameras as they don't take very good photos.

Any information or ideas greatly received thank you.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Re: Cameras

Wy don't you take them with a digital camera and take the memory card to the likes of Tesco where they will print them out for you ?
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Wy don't you take them with a digital camera and take the memory card to the likes of Tesco where they will print them out for you ?
Trouble is Alan, when you go too these stores with the memory card there is never any staff free to print them off for you, they expect you to use the machines yourself and I don't know how to.

Thanks for your reply
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:58 PM

I am sure if you go in during a quiet period they will assist you. After all they do want your custom. Ask at Customer Information.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:49 PM

I'm sure they're easy enough to use!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:10 PM

We have a little camera shop down town, and he still takes films out and sends them off for developing, and will even put a new film in the camera for you if you're not confident.
Alicat
West Berkshire

30-08-2015, 11:19 PM

Thanks Celyin and Jazzi, yes I will have to give it a go, like you say go in on a quiet time.
Alicat
West Berkshire

30-08-2015, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We have a little camera shop down town, and he still takes films out and sends them off for developing, and will even put a new film in the camera for you if you're not confident.
You're very lucky Mups, those shops are very hard to find now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:32 PM

This might help with prices of digital cameras

http://www.camerapricebuster.com/

All you then need is a card reader and a printer to do your own via your computer
Alicat
West Berkshire

31-08-2015, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
This might help with prices of digital cameras

http://www.camerapricebuster.com/

All you then need is a card reader and a printer to do your own via your computer
I've already got two thanks realspeed, a Canon and an Olympus, its just a hassel using them. Thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top