Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 05:07 PM

Re: How to live with body pain when you're afraid of taking meds?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
As your in pain I think you'll find this hard, but I found moving the joint helps as it keeps it mobile and helps to stop it seizing up and helps the pain too. I have found my joint pain has almost gone since I started swimming several times a week, I don't mean a few lengths but a good few. I now swim 50 lengths a day, followed by a hot soak in the Jaquzzi Monday through to Friday and I feel a lot better for it....No meds needed or taken. It was a thought to do it when it was suggested to me, but I thought what the heck, and it worked for me.
I completely agree that doing things the natural way is best. I guess the saying "use it or lose it" pertains to joints as well as everything else on the body
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 05:54 PM

Well...my considered opinion is that your pain is not severe !
When is does become severe you will be so pleased to take any medication for relief whether OTC or prescribed.
No one in their right mind would refuse pain relieving medication when it becomes really necessary.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
When is does become severe you will be so pleased to take any medication for relief whether OTC or prescribed.
No one in their right mind would refuse pain relieving medication when it becomes really necessary.

Crippling stomach pain due to painkillers - I take one a day,
use pain pen and gels, now also magnets
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:16 PM

@Linda - Magnets - yes they are within a plaster
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
That all depends on whether or not one can TAKE medication. I have a lot of problems taking meds. Which is why I'm also asking if anyone is doing anything for body pain without meds.

And I'm not saying my pain is so severe that I'm ready to off myself. But waking up in the middle of the night in tears (from the pain) and some days hobbling around like a lame horse is far from mild. Some days just walking is a challenge and, if it gets worse, it may get to the point where I can't walk at all. I've already looked into disability in case I can't do my job anymore. So I AM looking for options. That's why I'm here. And I'm currently working with my doctor to research a variety of meds to possibly find something I can take without side-effects. My body does NOT cooperate well with drugs. In most cases, the side-effects outweigh the benefits.
Linda0818
USA

26-10-2015, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Crippling stomach pain due to painkillers - I take one a day,
use pain pen and gels, now also magnets
I rest my case, thank you

@Linda - Magnets - yes they are within a plaster
I think I've heard of that. I'll have to look into it. Do they really help you?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I rest my case, thank you

I think I've heard of that. I'll have to look into it. Do they really help you?

Mobility was so bad due to the pain I thought I'd try them.
They are within a small round plaster and they have helped a little, movement is not crippling at least
Heres the ink
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o06_s00
Linda0818
USA

26-10-2015, 07:16 PM

[/B]
Mobility was so bad due to the pain I thought I'd try them.
They are within a small round plaster and they have helped a little, movement is not crippling at least
Heres the ink
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o06_s00
Thank you, Patsy, I will definitely look into this!
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 07:22 PM

I found this very interesting. I have pain in both knees: sometimes it's not so bad other days its awful. Ibuprofen works best but upsets my stomach; Co-Codomol works but more slowly. I'm terrified of damaging my liver so I only take it on bad days and then a minimum dose but at the moment I'm in considerable discomfort.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2015, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
I found this very interesting. I have pain in both knees: sometimes it's not so bad other days its awful. Ibuprofen works best but upsets my stomach; Co-Codomol works but more slowly. I'm terrified of damaging my liver so I only take it on bad days and then a minimum dose but at the moment I'm in considerable discomfort.
Yep - its a difficult one for sure
I have to limit what I do, a pain in itself
But any relief is worthwhile. Painkillers only work for a short time anyway - so if you can find an alternative method that at least eases one area - better than nowt

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top