Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 08:03 PM

Hello to everyone

I am recently retired and just about getting used to it now, although can''t quite get used to having a flexible timetable. Born in Brixton, London (Electric Avenue) and moved up North many years ago - now living in Derbyshire, almost in the the Peak District. Still with second husband after about 39 years - don't know how he puts up with me
I am passionate about natural history, always have been. I read a bit, enjoy music, walking, gardening and am currently looking for something useful to do with the rest of my life (apart from childminding my 3 grandchildren). I keep flat coated retrievers and found this site via Dogsey.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 10:01 PM

Re: Hello to everyone

Hello Aerolor nice to meet you-hope you are enjoying the forum. My Brother lives in Derbyshire-Ashbourne. Lovely place to live-always enjoy going down to see him and family
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Hello Aerolor, a warm welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 07:26 AM

Hello and welcome
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Welcome to the forum Aerolor

Look forward to chatting with ya on the boards
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 08:00 PM

Welcome to you. We must be nearly neighbours, as I live in High Peak!

Hope you enjoy this forum - it's good fun.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 09:38 PM

Thank you all for welcoming me to the forum. I can se from some of the posts already that you are a lively bunch
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Welcome Aerolor to OFFs, you will enjoy it here, everyone is very friendly.

Take care.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2010, 07:43 PM

Hi Aerolor, welcome to the forum, I am also on Dogsey.

If you are looking for something to do you could always volunteer at a local Country Park or Wildlife Reserve. I work at a CP and we have many volunteers, they are involved in lots of different activities monitoring wildlife and plant species and many practical projects. Our Park is also twinned with a CP in Uganda and they have visited there several times. We have had Ugandan rangers visit us too.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

24-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Hi Aerolor, welcome to the forum, I am also on Dogsey.

If you are looking for something to do you could always volunteer at a local Country Park or Wildlife Reserve. I work at a CP and we have many volunteers, they are involved in lots of different activities monitoring wildlife and plant species and many practical projects. Our Park is also twinned with a CP in Uganda and they have visited there several times. We have had Ugandan rangers visit us too.
Thanks for the info. moetmum. Definitely something to think about. Otters have returned to Derbyshire and my son-in-law has asked me if I would be interested in doing some voluntary work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top