Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 09:29 PM

Re: Cochlear Implant

I'm so sorry you're having 'blips' again Steve, but well done for taking the initiative and going away for some peace for yourself.

Just enjoy yourself and do what you want, if you want, when you want.

Take care of yourself.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 12:31 PM

My mate, who letting me the cottage, has told me there is Broadband so I'll definitely take this Notepad.#

I've got lot of things on my mind that I really need to write down and I'll need that when my counselling sessions start - whenever that's going to be!

I can't do that at home, not all the time my wife's checking my emails, phone records - everything!

She says she hasn't, ("I don't tell lies!"), but I've got this Notepad set up to record exactly when it's powered-up so that shows up times when I'm out or at work.

I was livid when I found out and had to change all my log-ins - I mean, how would you like it?!!

I don't have anything to hide but all she has to do is ask!! stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear things aren't going too well at the moment Steve. Hopefully your break will help to relax you and clear your mind .... try to have as much exercise as possible while you're away, it will make you feel good about yourself.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 01:25 PM

I'm here in Mundersley, not far from Cromer.
Lovely sunny day too.
Been for long walk on the beach & having cuppa now!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I'm here in Mundersley, not far from Cromer.
Lovely sunny day too.
Been for long walk on the beach & having cuppa now!!
Sounds lovely Steve I wish Chloe and I were there with you .

Enjoy your time there, I hope it helps make you feel calm and more at peace with yourself.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 02:36 PM

Steve, the fact that you have had the courage to go away, on your own, indicates that the implant is making a difference. Carry on with the counselling and I am sure the depression will start to disappear.
There is only one person that you need to focus on, and that is YOU!
Enjoy your time in Mundersley
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

14-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Well I got back about 7:30 last night.

My wife was waiting because she wanted to talk, which we did until midnight, not row, just talk.

I there's one thing I realised from being away on my own it's the fact that I am happy in my own company, even though I get lonely.
This is how I was years ago and although it's not good in the long term, I can handle that in the short term no problem.

I've arranged to go to Tai Chi class next week - I'll meet a whole new bunch of strangers so I'll be a bit anxious at first but I have to keep the dark side of me under control and NOT let it take over as I have done.

It's the easy option and it'll always be there in my mind but I'm not 25 any more, I'm 65 and I have to regain control of my life but I need help.

If and when I ever get the counselling that could help me.

I really don't know at this moment but I am hoping that talking to someone about everything, including the things I don't like to talk about will take that weight off me for good and I can move on.

In a way it's like the medium I had round here a few years ago; she asked me if I wanted her to take some of the "people" pestering me away with her and she did, I felt them go.

Some of you will NOT believe that but that's fine because I know it helped me so it really doesn't matter to anyone else does it?!

Take care everyone.

I've got things to do so the sooner I get on the better - then I'll go out on my bike, hopefully as it is sunny!! stevmk2

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top