Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 03:37 PM

Re: Peripheral Nuropoathy.

Thank you Jazzi, i so understand your reference to electric shocks and burning feelings. I will look into Pregagablin and what it could do for me.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I was told that the damaged nerve endings would be very slow to repair...as small as a millimetre at a time...I keep my hands and feet warm at all times and Im hopeful of getting back all feeling eventually.

Ofc I dont have it anywhere near as bad as your nueropathy Nom but wish you all the best with dealing with it . I hope you can get some feeling back as that in itself gives you hope for the future
That is interesting to know Aysa,, ive been told the same about the original case of my current predicament. 13 months since i left hospital and im still not healed.]

I put this down to being diabetic, and so a poor healer.

TY for your input
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 05:18 PM

Damaged nerve endings will not heal Nom, they will only become worse with Diabetes.
There is no 'cure' just pain relief and containment.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 08:40 PM

I also think the same way as Malcolm, it will never get better, I have had it for many years now and have spoken many times to my GP and nothing helps.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 08:51 PM

I was told many years ago that I'd got P N, but have never had any pain with it. I have it in my feet and up as far as my knees, but I still feel my feet. just recently it's been like I'm walking or standing on a ship gently swaying to and fro.
I saw a GP who just said I had a good pulse, and my coordination was good, because with my eyes closed I could tell when she put my big toe up or down. And she said that it might stop any time.
I have very mild diabetes, no medication, just diet controlled, and it's never been suggested that I take any medication for the P N
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

01-11-2016, 09:42 PM

Thanks folks, good description of my symptoms Janie , ive just spent an hour on the phone to 111and 10minites to a GP, recommendation hospital or clinic for tests but ive said will contact the GP tomorrow after sleeping on it.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 09:59 PM

The very best of luck with it all Nom
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 09:21 AM

Good luck with your GP today Nom.

I have been given many test, including electric shocks with needles all over my legs and still they can't cure it, they did give me Muscle relaxing pills, but they didn't do much either, I think its something we will all have to put up with.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

02-11-2016, 09:26 AM

Also Nom, get your GP to give you a blood test for Vit. D and Vit. B12 deficiency as most of the time this is the cause of the problem, I have a deficiency in Vit. D and am now on supplements from my GP and it has helped a lot.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

02-11-2016, 09:38 AM

Thanks Susie, just about to have my breakfast then pack a bag in case im going to hospital, B12 could be a problem, i believe Metformin can strip it from your system.

If i have got to go anywhere i would prefer to go to hospital straight from home.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top