Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 11:53 AM

Re: Bad Car Day

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I never buy new and normally run them into the ground, they have to be terminal before I sell them.

The exception was the 3 litre twin turbo Subaru, sold that after a few years because of the fuel costs.

It is still going and the last I heard it had 318,000 miles on the clock.

My diesel automatic C Max is 7 years old in December, only has 68,000 on the clock and hopefully will last for years.

Cars to me are for getting from A to B with a load of fishing tackle in.
I love my old CRV, it's thirteen years old but still going strong. Having some work done to it today but costs have been minimal over the years apart from the fuel costs perhaps. I also prefer to run my cars into the ground or until they start to go wrong to often.

If Ever I won the lottery, I would have it fully restored rather than buying a new one.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Back in August, I had the Clutch done on that Mondeo as a precaution, at a cost of £350.00, when I got the car back, the pedal was still biting quite high so, I thought it must be a characteristic of this car, by March this year, and 10000 miles later, the Clutch was slipping beyond belief, leaving me to assume the Clutch was never replaced. I replaced the car in March, and, being such a good runner apart from the Clutch, it sat on the drive since. Had to bite the bullet today, and take it to the recyclers.
Done 6000 miles in the replacement so far, fingers crossed.
That was very naughty Spitty, it sounds like the clutch was a bodge job and they charged you the price of a replacement. I sometimes mark the bolts if I take my car in for a big job, and just see if they've been removed. Good luck with the replacement......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That was very naughty Spitty, it sounds like the clutch was a bodge job and they charged you the price of a replacement. I sometimes mark the bolts if I take my car in for a big job, and just see if they've been removed. Good luck with the replacement......
I used to do that with the spark plugs.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top