Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:33 PM

Dacia Duster.

Does anyone on here own one. If so, what do you think of it. My wifes thinking about buying one. I don't trust on-line ratings.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 01:21 PM

Re: Dacia Duster.

I don't know much, if anything about the Duster, or many other cars as my choice is decided by what I can afford

However I have a friend who does look into these things, and this was his opinion of Dacia - poor quality, and a poor after sales service
You'd be better off getting a secondhand car of a better make than a new Dacia

If you're looking for a cheaper new car then Skoda are very good since they were taken over by Volkswagen
Skoda use the same floorpans & many components as VW, and are, in effect, VW's budget brand

He mentioned 4x4s, and I'm afraid I've forgotten some of the names, but he said that there was an Audi 4x4, and the VW Touareg was based on that, and the Skoda 4x4 was based on that, and thus ultimately on the Audi model
Also that VW had worked hard to overcome Skoda's image & reputation, so their after sales was good & generous

The Skoda Octavia is a 4x4 that looks more like a family estate car than a boxy Land Rover lookalike
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Hi

Dacia use Nissan and Peugeot floor pans, suspension, engines and transmissions.

There are a few Dacias round here, used as general runabouts.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 01:47 PM

Friend of ours has one she loves it, gets three retrievers in the back with plenty of space to spare. I think only problem she had was a gears problem last year that seemed to take a while to get the parts to fix it, came from France I think but time it took must have come via China and the moon.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 02:55 PM

Thanks for the replies. We have a Skoda Octavia at the moment and my choice would be to buy a second hand Skoda Yeti. The prices of the VW's and Audi's is just nuts plus they are too wide for our garage. It's funny you mention gears Julie as I've just been reading that the 2016 models had gearbox problems.
Now all I have to do is change my wifes mind.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:00 PM

The write ups are quite good but do mention that the base model is VERY basic(Poverty model) ie. No radio, air con etc. and to add £2k for the extras.

It's cheaper than the Fiesta entry level model and Fiat's cheapest Panda.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:22 PM

There is an updated model out which adds a few extras ( in Laurette spec, ) which is much improved in both quality and refinement, a useful place to look is on the honest John site, where the reviews are unbiased, and you can look at the good/bad points of most cars, the new duster actually looks quite nice with just a hint of Land Rover especially in copper
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:15 PM

One of my friends 'road tested' a Duster last Autumn and, although she liked it overall, she found it difficult to get in and out - she has an arthritic knee. She opted instead for the Dacia Sandara Stepway as it has a higher sill - absolutely loves it - says it is a joy to drive. Her Weimaraner love it as well - lots of room for him.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

09-02-2018, 12:44 PM

I went out and about this morning to have a look around and was surprised to find there are six Dacia dealers within 50km of us. I only spoke with two today and found quickly it's not going to happen overnight. One dealer said from ordering to delivery could take up to four months.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

20-02-2018, 09:31 PM

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...duster+comfort

Here is a link to what my wifes new car will look like. We only have photo's at the moment as the delivery date is between the middle of July and the middle of August. The dealership where we ordered the car said they have never had such a rush on a car like the Duster. The dealer we dealt with said there are days when they only have enquiries about the Duster and they sell Renault, Hyundai and Dacia. We'll just have to wait and see.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top