Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:41 PM

Re: Dacia Duster.

Quote " One dealer said from ordering to delivery could take up to four months."

Have to say that would worry me if something happened and the car needed a new part. Had that problem with Kia and no loan car even though it was still under warrantee. They had to send for a part and it was being sent by ship so took weeks to get replaced. So no new car and warrantee not extended either
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Quote " One dealer said from ordering to delivery could take up to four months."

Have to say that would worry me if something happened and the car needed a new part. Had that problem with Kia and no loan car even though it was still under warrantee. They had to send for a part and it was being sent by ship so took weeks to get replaced. So no new car and warrantee not extended either
That's terrible Realspeed. What happens if you need a car for work or hospital/doctor appointments? Somehow that doesn't sound right to me.
The Duster comes with a three year warranty and we've extended it to six as we plan to sell the car after five years and so with one year warranty. We have a service contract with the handler and that includes a replacement vehicle for any service/work done on the car. We pay €10 when the car is serviced but for warranty work it's free. All the big car dealers in Germany have replacement vehicles but I don't know about the smaller ones.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:10 AM

Isn't Dacia a subsidary of Renault? Certainly should guarantee some sort of quality.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:58 AM

Kev

we had so many problems with new Kia cars you would not believe . I had warped brake disks at 800 miles. A common fault I found out but no recall from Kia- not going into 4WD and the warning ABS/ brake light coming on, went back to 2 main dealers 4 times , eventually down to corroded wire underneath and they refuse a complete rewire just a joint repair UNDERNEATH would you believe- the engine diesel pump failed that was the Sorento
My wife had a Kia C,eed again load of problems even down to radio faulty and rusting alloy wheels. Yes alloy doesn't rust but these so called ones did

Kia refused to do any replacement cars even under warrantee

If I were you before buying is find other Duster owners and see what they say first. I don't know the brand well enough to comment on reliability.
That is what i did before getting a Nissan x trail, I asked a load of " squashy" owners in supermarket car parks to see what they said about Nissan
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:48 PM

I feel sorry to hear you had so many problems Realspeed. A neighbour has a Sportage and they have had a lot of problems with the car and warranty.
My wife has wanted to buy a Duster for the last six years. I've done the carpark thing and asked people with one guy even offering to let me take his for a test drive (I thanked him kindly but refused the offer). There're German Duster fora and the car is a bit of a cult thing in Germany. The last two models have ironed out the problems of their predecessors. It's still the cheapest SUV on the market and it's shaping up to be the most successful model ever for Dacia/Renault.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

21-02-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Isn't Dacia a subsidary of Renault? Certainly should guarantee some sort of quality.
Yes Barry. Dacia is 90% owned by Renault and is becoming a bit of a headache for them because the Duster is starting to have an effect on the more expensive Renault cars with sales going down. I'm sure they'll work it out. I think the key is the Renault motor. I think Renault is the largest producer of engines world wide. Mercedes use Renault motors in some of their cars. We opted for a 125hp turbo charged petrol engine. We test drove the 115hp turbo diesel as well but the petrol engine has lots more power and we need it to tow a caravan.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 02:44 PM

I think if you want it for towing then I would have thought the diesel would have been the better option as it turns out more power (torque) at lower revs, which is the ideal really for that task.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

21-02-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think if you want it for towing then I would have thought the diesel would have been the better option as it turns out more power (torque) at lower revs, which is the ideal really for that task.
We thought that also Barry but we do a lot of short trips where we live and that's not good for a diesel. We discussed it with a number of dealers but they advised against it even though my wife drives a 30km round trip to work and back. It's not far enough to be good for the motor.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

21-02-2018, 05:45 PM

That makes sense yes, and I also suppose it depends on how often you tow, if it's just now and then that would make the petrol turbo a good choice..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 11:06 PM

I've had my Kia Sportage for four years this June and it's been excellent thus far. With all the crap about diesel engines flying about these days perhaps it's time to invest in a petrol motor?

The Duster has got good reviews and I like the look of it.

Here's the review.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/dacia/d...er-2018-review

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top