Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Re: £86k for drink driving

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
McPartlin should have been sent down for his crime, and banned from driving for life. I hope he is sacked, by ITV.
This comment doesnt surprise me coming from you. tara. Could you perhaps try and adopt a little compassion? Had he killed someone I would have thought he deserved prison but as he didn't I certainly don't think me as a taxpayer would want to pay to put and keep him in jail. His career will never be the same and the shame he has brought himself and his family and a fine is ample punishment I should think.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:28 PM

Tara and compassion? An oxymoron surely? I have noticed that Tara has reverted to type
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Tara and compassion? An oxymoron surely? I have noticed that Tara has reverted to type
I have no compassion for people who drink and drive, nor should the courts.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
This comment doesnt surprise me coming from you. tara. Could you perhaps try and adopt a little compassion? Had he killed someone I would have thought he deserved prison but as he didn't I certainly don't think me as a taxpayer would want to pay to put and keep him in jail. His career will never be the same and the shame he has brought himself and his family and a fine is ample punishment I should think.

He should also have been done for dangerous driving, maybe had community service too. He was allegedly driving dangerously while under the influence. Perhaps a short 6 month prison sentence, would have been appropriate.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
He should also have been done for dangerous driving, maybe had community service too. He was allegedly driving dangerously while under the influence. Perhaps a short 6 month prison sentence, would have been appropriate.
He should certainly be doing community service. The fine he had might seem a lot, but apparently it was only 4 days wages!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
Because he is a celeb?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

17-04-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have no compassion for people who drink and drive, nor should the courts.
And little compassion for most things in life it seems. You would have made a good Witch Finder General or Slave Catcher
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-04-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And little compassion for most things in life it seems. You would have made a good Witch Finder General or Slave Catcher
Why should I have compassion for a drink driver? I have a lot of compassion for those who need help through no fault of their own and I do my best to assist them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 06:30 PM

I agree - a small prison sentence would have been better.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I agree - a small prison sentence would have been better.
Was quoted by a top defence lawer who defends crimes like this.

Because he over took a car on a bend at high speed and crashed into a car coming from the oppisit driction he should have been charged with dangouse driving which he could have got a prison sentence.

Sorry spell checker not working again.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top