Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 11:40 AM

Re: Have you ever wondered?

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
One thing I've learnt recently is that all lorries are banned from French roads on a weekend apart from those carrying perishable goods and medical supplies (I think that was the second)
What a difference that must make
A very wise decision.

That could be extended to avoid HGVs travelling during rush hours and encouraged to travel at night time whenever possible.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 12:03 PM

What with banning lorries at Le Weekend and That Handshake (or lack of!) story...I'm thinking of starting a thread Why We Should Be More Like The French
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What with banning lorries at Le Weekend and That Handshake (or lack of!) story...I'm thinking of starting a thread Why We Should Be More Like The French
Mais oui bien sur!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 12:16 PM

on bicycles wearing a beret and striped jumper with onion strings around the neck you mean
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
on bicycles wearing a beret and striped jumper with onion strings around the neck you mean
Yes! And going on strike every five minutes!
And flouting every rule!
And shrugging!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 12:45 PM

And rolling our eyes in disgust at the mere mention of "bien" and "cuit" in the same sentence
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 12:59 PM

Yes! And going on strike every five minutes!
And flouting every rule!
And shrugging!!
Ah, the 'Gallic shrug'. Very useful for when you don't know or don't give a toss!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top